By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - replaying Final Fantasy 1 on VC (impressions)

-Newcloud- said:
"Final Fantasy is vague, and more difficult to figure out what to do and where to go, making it more challenging and fun I think"

i disagree i cant stand the way it doesn't tell u where to go properly and because of that i haven't finished it out of frustration

It gives you plenty of hints if you ask around.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
angrypoolman said:
i bought this game on the VC, haven't played it yet though. I also have the cart with the box and instruction manual. yay!

Show off

lol. if vgc would let me upload some more photos to my album, i would be able to have pics of it, but vgc is being a bitch right now. saying i can only upload png, gif, and jpg... even though all my files are jpg.

i love it when things dont make sense, its pretty cool.

I think the best version would be on the GBA
FFI&II Dawn of Souls

I know there's a PSP version, but you get BOTH games for the price of a GBA game..
and the PSP version add pretty much nothing new, it's just a port of the GBA version with some minor extras

but I would tell you to get Dawn of Souls...I really LOVED it

FFIII and FFI are my favourite games in the series, because of the lack of cinematics and the open world

deathcape said:
I think the best version would be on the GBA
FFI&II Dawn of Souls

I know there's a PSP version, but you get BOTH games for the price of a GBA game..
and the PSP version add pretty much nothing new, it's just a port of the GBA version with some minor extras

but I would tell you to get Dawn of Souls...I really LOVED it

FFIII and FFI are my favourite games in the series, because of the lack of cinematics and the open world

The Dawn of Souls version was really easy, though.

@khutra

specifically the battles and the towns music, the rest is not too bad

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

Khuutra, I guess it was kinda easy? idk...
it was enjoyable for me, though..as they also made some changes wich I loved
but I fell in love with the music from FF1 and some of 2..

really....I...like music from newer FF games, but FF1 really wins in the music department..
my opinion btw, just that the music made the world alive

@Pyramid Head the OP

the music is AMAZING in the remakes...too bad it's really hard to find the music on youtube or anywhere for that matter, wich is why I always kept my copy

I think the first FF is completely unplayable trash, and can only respect it since I know how far it had come, because Draon Quest 1 is a thousand times worse. I only say this out of love, 'cuz I've beaten both games 3 or so times.

@deathcape

some of the stuff is good inff1 tbh, im in the part with the mermaids and the music is interesting for sure, still though i guess its just the repition of the battle music that kills it for me

for me the best music in any of em is in 12. i loved the undercity of rabanastre music, reminded me of shenmue

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Ill prolly pick this up on the GBA on day in the 1 and 2 combo cart

Dawn of Souls is really good, for the cleaner sprites and bonus dungeons with bosses from later FF games.