By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - replaying Final Fantasy 1 on VC (impressions)

I only played FF1 and DQ1 fairly recently, but I thought they were playable.

Ironically I found DQ1 had aged much better.

Around the Network

know what you need Pyramid Head?

http://www.filefactory.com/file/69f5e9/n/Final_Fantasy_I_II_-_Dawn_of_Souls_Original_Soundtrack_rar

there..listen to the dawn of souls music, trust me

it has a sub boss theme

and two boss themes as well as final boss theme instead of only one theme

trust me...the music was exceptional, my favourite game soundtrack next to OoT

that's really saying something

WEll I have played most of the remakes of the FF's over the past couple years, i have been dissapointed by everyone of them. All that were made for the GBA and the PS1 all had vastly reduced difficulty and not in the form of knowing where to go.

In FF1 on the Nes I had about 6 people consistantly helping me through the game at my local youth group, being 7 years old an playing this game was pretty unforgiving, but was the very first game I ever beat. The fight with 7+ mindflayers that can one hit your party on the way to getting the crown of Astos was almost a mile stone, possibly only dwarfed by beating the game and class chang/growing up.

The FF game remakes are way to easy, a party without a fighter ment some pure self induced pain. 4 White mage parties or 4 black mage parties were nigh immpossible for the faint of heart, but in the new ones? They are all just kind of jokes.

@Khuutra My youth center also had DQ1, and it was always harder for me to get anywhere in that game then FF1. Where games like destiny of an emporoer had a very high scale of diffculty, DQ1 always seemed to take the bar hide it from you and then tell you to run an jump.... Only to smack right into the sucker.

Getting the dragon armor ( I think ) Where you fight the one single knight, I saved up there for hours on end just trying to get a high enough level to attempt anything else, but something would always swoop out of no where and send me packing.

I liked DQ1 more than FF!, but that's probably because I grew up playing DQ1 and DQ2, and didn't go back to FF1 until I'd already played FF4, Chrono Trigger, and FF6. But I still played through FF1 a couple times in a row on the NES, and once on the GBA for Dawn of Souls.

The reason I hate DQ1 now is because I played it again a few years ago, after not playing it for 15 or so years, and the amount of sheer grinding necessary for every new area and for every boss was just insane and ruined the game for me. I needed to gain some more levels for the last boss, but the strongest enemies in the game still had to be grinded (ground?) for a few hours. The game started to feel like homework, but I already knew the shitty ending.

That reminds me... after I finish Earthbound I should go back and finish DQ2. That game whooped my ass when I was a kid. I still haven't finished it.