By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Poll - Which is your favorite Sony series?

Which is your favorite Sony series?

God of War 1,495 29.49%

Gran Turismo 899 17.74%

Jak and Daxter 228 4.50%

Ratchet & Clank 324 6.39%

Uncharted 1,634 32.24%

Other 489 9.65%

Total:5,069
Torillian said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I know I've been pretty lax about this, but "Team Ico" is not a freakin' series.

They happen in the same game world within the same overarching storyline created by the same development studio.  Other than the fact that they aren't called "Ico" and "Ico2" I don't really think you have much of an argument against.

Yeah, I agree. However, that would be like someone asking me what my favorite game series is from Nintendo, and I said Camelot. The name of a developer is not a gaming series, that's definitely my argument against it.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Torillian said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I know I've been pretty lax about this, but "Team Ico" is not a freakin' series.

They happen in the same game world within the same overarching storyline created by the same development studio.  Other than the fact that they aren't called "Ico" and "Ico2" I don't really think you have much of an argument against.

Yeah, I agree. However, that would be like someone asking me what my favorite game series is from Nintendo, and I said Camelot. The name of a developer is not a gaming series, that's definitely my argument against it.

Your original point on this was that two games don't make a series: in reference to my post, where I referred to the two games as a group, but not as "Team ICO" or even "Team ICO's games".

Stick your point.

MontanaHatchet said:
Torillian said:
MontanaHatchet said:

If all of Camelot's games would logically comprise a series if I called them Camelot 1 - Camelot 11 then that seems fine to me, but I don't think they do.

Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Torillian said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Your original point on this was that two games don't make a series: in reference to my post, where I referred to the two games as a group, but not as "Team ICO" or even "Team ICO's games".

Stick your point.

Someone forgot the word "to."

I was actually just joking when I was talking to you, but people should at least think of a better name for SoTC and Ico than "Team Ico." Shadow of the Ico, perhaps? I was never very good at these things.

Torillian said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Torillian said:
MontanaHatchet said:

If all of Camelot's games would logically comprise a series if I called them Camelot 1 - Camelot 11 then that seems fine to me, but I don't think they do.

Ehh, yeah. Bad example on my part, but something similar would be Retro. Frankly, I'd rather the two games have a name as a series if they're in the same series instead of just being called by the name of their developers.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Someone forgot the word "to."

I was actually just joking when I was talking to you, but people should at least think of a better name for SoTC and Ico than "Team Ico." Shadow of the Ico, perhaps? I was never very good at these things.

You... keep working on that one.

Myself, I just refer to them collectively as the ICO games. This will continue to be true even if The Last Guardian is not connected to the other games in any particular way.

Shadow of the Last Ico it is.

Uncharted...period. The most consistant series I've ever seen on a Sony platform.

god of war.

I'd refer to Team Ico's games as simply "the Ico series". During development, Shadow of the Colossus was called Nico (Next Ico), and The Last Guardian was called Trico. They most definitely qualify as a series.