By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EUROGAMER's ps3 vs x360 comparisons(GAMESPOT is BS!!!)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74502&page=1 RR7 (1080p at 60fps ) vs RR6 With some minor reservations then, Ridge Racer 7 is definitely recommended over and above its 360 predecessor. More refined gameplay and superior graphics win the day, and if you can get to play the title in native 1080p, the visual boost compared to the Xbox rendition is palpable. Both are lovely games, but the sequel edges it. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74502&page=2 DEF JAM ps3 vs x360 http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74502&page=2 The only other notable element to draw from this comparison is that the Xbox 360 version scales very well into any VGA resolution right up to 1080p. The Microsoft hardware's ANA scaling chip excels at resizing heavily aliased and filtered visuals, and the game acquits itself well visually at the top-end, even though it's only running at 720p. The PS3 version doesn't have any such scaling available - so mileage will vary here depending on how well your display does the job. FIGHT NIGHT 3 The most obvious improvement is in the sheen of perspiration that builds up on your fighter's body - beads of sweat and dripping moisture are far more defined on the PlayStation 3 version, muscles and veins likewise. VIRTUA TENNIS 3 http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74528 http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74528 http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74528 (look at SHARAPOVA's hand) ps3 excels at 1080p but not at 720p (look at the lighting) The odd bit of additional HDR in the PS3 version perhaps, slightly longer intro-pans as the court comes into view, slightly different fontography. There's absolutely nothing of relevance from a visual standpoint that should make you choose one version over the other. Any difference in colouration you see in the comparison shots are almost certainly a result of us capturing an analogue video out from 360 (VGA) while with PS3 we had the luxury of a totally lossless digital transfer This is why you need HDMI and BD/HD(to store large complex textures) NBA HOMECOURT ps3 vs x360 http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74502&page=4 For PC gamers, the ability to tweak the graphics settings and effectively choose between resolution over framerate is standard fare. I'm not sure I want to see this in console gaming - especially in an arcade game like this where the speed and fluidity are so important to the essential experience. As it stands, both versions of the game are pretty much identical running at 720p, but perhaps surprisingly it's the Xbox 360 that runs NBA Street Homecourt a touch better at 1080p. Not that this should have much effect on any purchasing decision - 720p/60 is the only way either rendition of the game should be played.

Around the Network

RR7 - Better because it came out a year later? Maybe. Next you'll say Oblivion is better. Or better yet, talk about how FFXII is better than FFX graphically. The Def Jam & NBA Homecourt both say the 360 version is very good or the best available. FNR3 - Same argument as the RR7 argument - they both had a year to make a game better. A game will get better if the devs have an extra year of dev time, regardless. Bad calls, Washimul.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I think it's hysterical that Virtual Tennis is practically identical on both systems, except 360 has online And what about the graphical errors in RR7? (BTW, you're definitely washamule)

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

RolStoppable said: Lots of washimul-threads have appeared lately. That must mean: the PS3 is doing very bad in europe, nowhere near as good as what blind Sony-fanboys were expecting. CELL IS THE GOD. CELL BRINGS US INTO THE GOLDEN AGE OF VIDEOGAMING.
No its not that, its just that he knows he'll get banned... again and he tries to post as many BS he can before getting banned ^^

you guys think sony is up to its old tricks, hiring ad agencies to make posts on forums?

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

No, because Sony should pay this guy to go away - his posts are bad for business.......... . . . . Unless they want a new PR guy to follow in their current one's footsteps.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

VGA is no worse at 1080p or whatever the same resolution is that digital uses. Digital connections require conversions and scaling, it's not perfect. Analog is capable of the same quality as digital. Monitors have been using VGA for years and there is no lack of quality with it. That includes resolutions far above 1080p which is really nothing special for monitors.

Wow people are really on it today. Yeah some games had an extra year but what on earth makes you think they should look as good as they do. It has been said everywhere by detractors. The cell is hard to program for, the GPU is not as powerful so forth and so on, if all this is true these devs must be amazing. These games haven't had an entire year extra of development. Final dev kits were shipped as of E3'06 and the system was released in november of 06. That doesn't sound like a year to me. Here is the real crux of the situation. Most multiplatform devs will develop for the easiest consol first then make adjustments to make the game work on other consoles. Ea and bethesda has gone above the call because I would imagine they are trying to get familiar with the hardware. But here is the shining example of ports. It has been stated before that ports should not be used to determine a system capabilities because sacrifices will have to be made on one or all versions. So it is great to see how much improved VT3 is on the PS3 because it is an entirely different team that worked on that version. AM2 did the PS3 version while suda did the 360 version. And most games do not have online on the PS3 because the devs would have to host and pay for their own servers... at least until home comes out. That may be a sticking point in some games but not all. Internet play doesn't make "all" games better.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Let's not forget that if it's been out for the 360 for a while it's probably cheaper. For example I can get RR 6 for 15 bucks brand new. And RR 7 you'll have to fork over 59.99 for. Even used you'll be paying more then 40 bucks. So even with a little added graphics it's not really worth buying the ps3 versions. Honestly these graphic comparisons are hardly worth anything I can find another site that swears the X360 version of RR looks better. When it's as close as it is the only real difference is a gaming coming out much earlier, a game being cheaper, or a game having some sort of significant content difference. For example what Soul Calibur did with extra charachters I couldn't pass up having Link on the Gamecube version.

fooflexible said: Let's not forget that if it's been out for the 360 for a while it's probably cheaper. For example I can get RR 6 for 15 bucks brand new. And RR 7 you'll have to fork over 59.99 for. Even used you'll be paying more then 40 bucks. So even with a little added graphics it's not really worth buying the ps3 versions. Honestly these graphic comparisons are hardly worth anything I can find another site that swears the X360 version of RR looks better. When it's as close as it is the only real difference is a gaming coming out much earlier, a game being cheaper, or a game having some sort of significant content difference. For example what Soul Calibur did with extra charachters I couldn't pass up having Link on the Gamecube version.
1st) The CAPS! 2nd) TEH POWER OF CELL!!! OMGZ0r!!!!!!!!! 3rd) The hate versus X-Box360 and his continual emphasis on saying that 360 is dead and comparing PS3 Japan sales VS. X360 Japan sales when everybody knows that X-Box is a non-factor in Japan. Aren't these enough already??