By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps3 game of the year?

there's really only 2 games in the running this year

Uncharted 2 and Demon's souls.

My personal pick is DS but I'm expecting uncharted 2 to get the honour.

Around the Network

Wait what about inFamous!?

dsister44 said:
ctk495 said:
Aj_habfan said:
I imagine lots will give it to Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2 and some to Demon's Soul.

What's the average score for Demon's Soul?

89 on Metacritic I believe

Then I could see IGN,giving it the overall game of the year award.If I can recall precisely they gave the overall goty to Fallout 3.Even though they gave two other games a perfect score.This means they their opinion is sway more on their tastes of gaming rather than the scores they give.I don't know how other sites work though.I would expect the majority to not only give the ps3 game of the year to Uncharted 2,but the overall goty.

reaver_x said:

@dsi

actually its at 90. However my GOTY pick is Uncharted 2

Actually no, it is at 89

demon's souls for me
uncharted 2 close second

Around the Network

Wow, is demon's souls really THAT good? I wish there was a demo I could try, because looking at videos I didn't think it looked that great. And I'm usually really into games like that.

I wouldn't know...I haven't played Killzone 2, InFamous and Uncharted 2 yet :/

But I've played Demon's Souls and it's really good but not GOTY good.

Uncharted 2 all the way!!!! runner up's metion to Demon souls(I doubt since it's not hyped too bad since it's awsome) and Killzone 2......honorable metions to Infamous and ratchet AciT.

First of all I can't believe that the two best games this year (and this whole gen so far for me) came out one week apart (Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2). I bought my PS3 in Auguest 2008 and my 360 on Jan 09 and this gen didn't start for me until this October.

A lot of games (espeacily PS3 exclusive) had a lot of hype but non of them delivered. They were fun games but non meet their expectation (KZ2, MGS4 and also the first Uncharted) however Uncharted 2 is one of the few games that had massive hype and totaly delivered for me. I said before that the first Uncharted was a good game but I wouldn't spend more than $30 on it, for U2 however I would happliy spend $60 for the single player alone. It was just amazing and I don't know how did ND did it and when you include the Multiplayer and Coop DAMN !!

Demon's Souls is by far the biggest surprise this gen. A truly amazing RPG and by far the best I have ever played. It had a revolutionary online system and I mean it. I could go own and own about how From Software crafted this masterpiece.

In short Demon's Souls is the best game this year (and this gen) with Uncharted 2 right up it's ass that I wan't to say a tie

Sorry for the long post just wanted to finaly put it out there.

I loved KZ2 and Uncharted 2, but for the shear fun factor, they're second to inFamous.

I've barely scratched the surface of Demon's Souls, so it might still jump up.