By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Who got Windows 7?

Yup, had it for about a month. It is much better than Vista, the little things make it great. I'd recommend the upgrade to anyone on Vista and also people on XP that are willing to let go of compatibility of older software.

Also about the new task bar.. I've seen many saying it's too big etc. There is a resizing option and I'll show you a pic of my desktop so that you can see the difference if you are one of those people.

Around the Network

I haven't had any problems with compatibility for older software on Win7, personally. The one and only compatibility issue I've found were getting chipset drivers to work properly on mom's relic P4 box... but that's because Intel stopped supporting it after XP. But I managed to get it to accept the XP drivers, which did work fine - just Intel's installer didn't want me to install them.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Thank you msdnaa for 4 copies of win 7 pro :D so if any of you are college students should check out msdnaa. that is if your an engr student, computer science, and a few others

I have it at home and work xD

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Has anyone tried their games on Win7 besides Final Fantasy XI and AION mentoned in this thread?

Around the Network

I bought it on it's first week of preorder for about £45.00 (Home Edition). I havent installed it yet though, waiting or my external HDD to arrive. I heard good things about ti basically what Vista should've been to begin with.

Holy shit, my laptop just went all flashy, the fan went berserk and then the taskbar became opaque and my chrome window tabs became slightly dull.

It seems Windows 7 just decided that my laptop was worthy of all the Aero features at random. WTF.

Naraku_Diabolos said:

Has anyone tried their games on Win7 besides Final Fantasy XI and AION mentoned in this thread?

Warcraft 3 and Guild Wars worked fine for me on the RC, they should be fine on the final release.

Naraku_Diabolos said:

I haven't had any problems with any game - and I've even played some that predate XP.

Realistically, anything that worked on Vista should work perfectly fine on Win7.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
jefforange89 said:
I haven't had any problems with compatibility for older software on Win7, personally. The one and only compatibility issue I've found were getting chipset drivers to work properly on mom's relic P4 box... but that's because Intel stopped supporting it after XP. But I managed to get it to accept the XP drivers, which did work fine - just Intel's installer didn't want me to install them.

AC97 multichannel setup simply don't work.

main channels are okay, but second pair of speakers are low and crack.