By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 6's Lack of Hype? Namco F'd Up? (Other Thread Broke)

huaxiong90 said:
Boneitis said:

Well your good example is basically the only example. Also MGS4 is a major release for the PS3. Tekken on the other hand isn't GOTY material.

Those fighting games from 2008 are now old news. They could have stole some of Tekken's thunder if released close together. Obviously Namco didn't want the sales of Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur 4 competing with each other.

Lmao, I know. Anyways:

Tekken may not be GOTY material (Tekken 3 is the only one, I think), but it is (or at least, WAS) a strong brand name.

I think Tekken 6 would've been fine if released in December, since Soul Caliber released in late July.

Well Tekken is still a strong franchise. It sold best back in PS1 days. The PS2 games sold 3+ million each. But bear in mind the PS3 userbase is much smaller. MGS4 is not a good example because its a staple for PS3 owners. Tekken exclusive or not, would not be that.

I don't know exactly how Soul Calibur 4 sold. Perhaps it had a boost during the holidays. And perhaps fighting fans were already looking forward to Street Fighter 4 during that time.

Around the Network

Just got an 8.8 from IGN

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Boneitis said:
huaxiong90 said:
Boneitis said:

Well your good example is basically the only example. Also MGS4 is a major release for the PS3. Tekken on the other hand isn't GOTY material.

Those fighting games from 2008 are now old news. They could have stole some of Tekken's thunder if released close together. Obviously Namco didn't want the sales of Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur 4 competing with each other.

Lmao, I know. Anyways:

Tekken may not be GOTY material (Tekken 3 is the only one, I think), but it is (or at least, WAS) a strong brand name.

I think Tekken 6 would've been fine if released in December, since Soul Caliber released in late July.

Well Tekken is still a strong franchise. It sold best back in PS1 days. The PS2 games sold 3+ million each. But bear in mind the PS3 userbase is much smaller. MGS4 is not a good example because its a staple for PS3 owners. Tekken exclusive or not, would not be that.

I don't know exactly how Soul Calibur 4 sold. Perhaps it had a boost during the holidays. And perhaps fighting fans were already looking forward to Street Fighter 4 during that time.

uhm yes it is ? lol wat

Check out my game about moles ^

Boneitis said:
huaxiong90 said:
Boneitis said:

Lmao, I know. Anyways:

@the blue: Very wrong. Look at the American pre-orders and see for yourself.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

A lot of people on my friends list don't play multiplats much except for COD and maybe madden. They mostly play exclusives. The Tekken series has bought a lot of success to the PS brand when it came out on the PS1 and PS2. Maybe some people are mad that it did go multiplat and now some people are not buying it cause of that.

Just like some have said they not getting FF13 for the PS3 because it went multiplat and they believe it was downgraded for the 360. To me the game will still be good and not buying a game because it’s not exclusive anymore doesn’t mean you shouldn’t miss out on a great game.

Anyway Tekken is my favorite 3D fighting game so I know I will be getting it.

Around the Network

IGN reviews indicate slow load time for Tekken 6 as one of its flaws. I attribute this to lack of optimization that it would have had if the game had been PS3 exclusive. Honestly I don't even know why Microsoft bothers with fighting game franchises, their controller sucks for it anyway and all their fans would rather play FPS than to duke it out in fighting games using their horrible d-pad. I wonder how much they paid Namco to wait till the X360 version is ready before releasing the PS3 version. Must have been a shit load of cash, expected profit over period of hold up time + development cost + extra fees to convince the executives. Microsoft would have been better served by funding startup game developers than by paying off established gaming firms to secure it on their platform. Sure, they think they're pulling one over the competition but the customers get screwed with each of their damn shenanigans. Fuck, I hate Microsoft for screwing everyone over just so they can "Win".

Soriku said:
Boneitis said:
Garnett said:

Somehow the game is less of a game if its multiplatform.

If its exclusive it gets all the hype.

Heres how it is.

PS3 Fans - Hype every exclusive up and make it a 360 killer

360 Fans - Dont hype any game up, it  could be the best game ever and no one would mention it.

Wii fans- They got so many games coming out they cant hype them all up.

Wii fans tend to hype their games to death as well. Little King Story, Conduit, Madworld, No More Heroes, Dead Space, etc. The games they hype though have terrible sales.

And the only game that sold badly from the bunch is Dead Space...and that wasn't hyped at all.

Conduit, Madworld, Little King Story and NMH all sold pretty poorly......

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I try to fight the hype for games.. And end up failing in the five days before the release. The 360 delayed the release of the game for too long. It came out in arcades back in 2007, and, of course the game took a while to create, so, technically, we're playing a game that's a few years old....

I think Tekken should stay on PS...
Think about it...
If you bought a 360, you did it for FPS, not Tekken.
It caused a delay.
It decreases the quality of the game (because they want them as close as possible, so, the PS3 graphics got nerfed a bit)...
People aren't going to talk about your game all year, so, it'll be forgotten about if it doesn't see a release..
TTT2, or Tekken 7 better be PS3 only... I don't want delay, and I don't want my quality toned down. It doesn't even seem right on 360. Tekken 6 should have been a timed exclusive if they were gonna do this.... No reason to hold everyone up. I'm not going anywhere near the 360 version if I've got the PS3 version...

I want to play it now... -_- At least it's fully reserved.

Garnett said:

Somehow the game is less of a game if its multiplatform.

If its exclusive it gets all the hype.

Heres how it is.

PS3 Fans - Hype every exclusive up and make it a 360 killer

360 Fans - Dont hype any game up, it  could be the best game ever and no one would mention it.

Wii fans- They got so many games coming out they cant hype them all up.

More unbiased thinking from Garnett. Wow, how could we do without you? You're right, 360 fans never overhype games. In fact, they never gype any games up!

Oh me.

Excuse me but wth is Tekken?