By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anybody else find online multiplayer more frustrating than fun?

I used to kick ass in MP games back in '98-2000. Hardly anyone had broadband back then and I used to trounce on the modem users all the time.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

I don't enjoy it too much because I sometimes suck in online gaming. I hate to lose.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I like online co-op games.

I agree it can be very frustrating. I olny play competitive online once in awhile. But more and more I'm enjoying online coop. Uncharted 2 us a great example. I found a few people that were actually willing to work with me to complete levels and would communicate over their mics. It made playing arena much more enjoyable. We partied up and plsyed numerous matches together. Now whenever I get on I look for them first before just jumping into a match because I know we will work together. Most people just run around and font care what everyone else is doing. You need to find people who will work with you.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

I actually just tried Uncharted 2 co-op for the first time and found it to be really fun. That's my solution right there. Cooperative multiplayer rather than competitive.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.