By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - if you could work at any game studio, which you pick......

1. Kojima Productions
2. Blizzard
3. Valve
4. Doublefine
5. Capcom

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Nintendo off the top of my head but mt best days were at ocean software back in the 80's

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Naughty dog or Blizzard.

Check out my game about moles ^

squareenix for sure

1.bungie
2.lionhead

Around the Network

EAD Tokyo

Guarilla games. Not that I'm a huge Sony fan but at least it's only a 2 minute walk from my house.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

1) EAD Software Group No. 3 (aka the Zelda team)

2) Intelligent Systems (one of Nintendo's best team: Fire Emblem, Paper Mario...)

3) Retro Studios (Metroid Prime's team)

And many others, like Treasure, Platinum Games (ex Clover Studios), Monolith Soft, Level 5, Team Ico... all based in Japan... but i don't speak japanese, and i'm working in the music business for 15 years, so...

But i have a "dream game" in my head for a couple of years, only possible on Wii so far... i've got the name, the story, the main control scheme, plus a few level designs and puzzle ideas... too bad i've no experience and no contact... :(

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Soul... can't reply them or do something! You could be a big hit if they make it and you'll probably be more happy seeing your own game praised! :)