By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Packaging Reveals Three Discs

tuscaniman said:
So lemme get this straight. Forza 3 on 2 discs = "haha xbox sucks can't fit on one disc"
GT5 multi disc = "best game of all time cause its has extra content"
Sorry Sony boys you can't have both ways. Either multiple discs is bad or good. Pick one.

Extra content =/= the remains of the whole game. Extra content =/= the other 2/5 to make the game on the first disc "complete". Like I said before, the gripe with Forza being on 2 discs was that in order to completely enjoy the $60 you're going to spend on the game, a HDD is NECESSARY, even though there are MILLIONS who don't have HDDs.

Let's say the situation is IDENTICAL to F3 with this whole GT5 being on 3 discs....Forza fans STILL can't spin this against GT5 because every PS3 has an HDD, and if the 2nd and 3rd really are the remains of the game, then PS3 owners can install them still without "spending $20 for an HDD on ebay"

Around the Network

@CGI

Well this thread started derailing when ironman gave that low retort of his. I've since then moved on trying to explain to people. Whomever wants to pick on GT, they'll do it just because they think it's fun. Gamers today care less about games and more about downplaying anything they don't like.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@CGI

I know, I know, I shouldn't have generalized ;) There are still good gamers in here, that give credit when it's due to what really should matter to us, the games.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@CGI

I know, I know, I shouldn't have generalized ;) There are still good gamers in here, that give credit when it's due to what really should matter to us, the games.

I have said that It seem's to me that it's less about the Game's anymore, like example forza vs' GT  argument's to me it's pointless..the argument's are moot.

trying to say one is better than the other is moot, they are both Game's the point is to play both game's, if you enjoy them both great if you don't than that's the break's you did not like the game, you will find you may not like every game, but you will not know unless you play the gamethat's the whole point. Game's are about fun, at least that's why i play them.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

@joeorc

True words in there. And to think that there are people in here that actually want to see a company fail and dissapear from the gaming market just because they'd like it to happen. Less companies = less games, that's only bad for all of us.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

its definitely a collectors edition.

lestatdark said:
@joeorc

True words in there. And to think that there are people in here that actually want to see a company fail and dissapear from the gaming market just because they'd like it to happen. Less companies = less games, that's only bad for all of us.

that is 100% true , never would I want any of the game companies to go OUT...that to me would be 100% IRONIC because if your a gamer, how could you want any game company to go out that's less game's....duh, which if your a gamer would be bad. it make's no sense to want to see any game company fail. that hurt's the bottom line ...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAME'S

I have been a gamer since the early 70's

TFT

TUNNEL'S AND TROLL'S

STEVE JACKSON

GARY GYGAX

SID Meier

Lord british

what kind of gamer would I be if i wanted these game's and game creator's to fail. to me

I would be a very sad Gamer indeed.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Haven't been gaming for so long, my first gaming experiences was on a Atari 2600 and my dad's old Spectrum ZX ;) But I can relate to everything you said ;) When Sega left the gaming business it was one of the saddest days, as a gamer, that I experienced, because I love their games and because that meant less games for us :( They still work as a publisher, but the quantity (and quality unfortunatly) of their games have grealty diminished.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Haven't been gaming for so long, my first gaming experiences was on a Atari 2600 and my dad's old Spectrum ZX ;) But I can relate to everything you said ;) When Sega left the gaming business it was one of the saddest days, as a gamer, that I experienced, because I love their games and because that meant less games for us :( They still work as a publisher, but the quantity (and quality unfortunatly) of their games have grealty diminished.

I too felt the sting when Sega stoped making game system's, but the software is still here, not at the number's they once were by the amount of game's "got to love the 8 and 16 bit era" But the fact that other game companies were not so lucky and that is the sad part they have had to close down. when that happens that's not good at all. you loose some game's, as a gamer to me that's bad no matter how you look at it.

my Atari 800Xl with commodore 64 emulator was one of the best fond game memory's I had while playing around with early PC's

Timex Sinclair....now that was fun..

I AM BOLO

ps:

OMG!!!!1!!!1eleven!!!!

I can't wait for this game