By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The FPS and RPG made a baby: The Official Borderlands Thread

indodude said:
Posting here for info

What info do you need?

Added the people who had said they were buying the game last week for reference for co-op.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Threat stickied thanks to elgefe02

can we get some vids? and screens?

Xxain said:
can we get some vids? and screens?

yup, on it.

Got it preordered... waiting for the ability to preload it on steam.

Can't wait.

The PC version sounds like it's going to be superior so i don't mind the wait.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
richardhutnik said:
PullusPardus said:
i don't know about this game, seems too much of a shooter than an RPG. it isn't "deep" enough.

What I have seen the game being spun is that while Fallout 3 falls on the RPG side more than the FPS side, Borderlands falls more on the FPS side than the RPG side.  Both games have elements of the other, just one side favors the other more.

I just hope the game features parts of the world that are randomly generated, like in Diablo.

Enemies, loot and objects in the field (towers, caves, bunkers) are randomly generated.

I am wondering if the layout of the caves will be randomly generated also.

eh I'm join in on the co-op got the game pre-ordered on Amazon
xbl tag: oXTooShortXo

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Damn you quoted me in the OP ? ^^

I have to make some positive comments about the game:
- no "game over"- screen; you get the chance to receive new strength if you can defeat an enemy while you're slowly lose your consciousness. If not you will respawn at checkpoints. In co-op you can revive your buddy instantly.
- You always have plenty to do. About 5 active quests suited to your current level. (although you must complete them all to stand a chance....or you're doing a lot of grinding)
- if you play in co-op there will be more enemies to face.

Yay! I bought it this morning. Haven't yet played though.

about 5 days and 23 hours still for me. Man the anticipation is killing me.

I'm worried because when i get really hyped for games like this... I often OVERHYPE myself to where the finished product can't live up.

Like Spore.

Though to be fair... Will Wright did promise WAY more when it came to the development tools. Still a good game... but not the game i'd hyped myself for every since i saw the first demo two years before.