By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - buying a 360 in the next week. What game is a sleeper for the system

Prolly gonna put in 100+ hours into the Massively Online Racer - Test Drive unlimited. I know the game was on PSP and PS2, but I believe the 360 had a lot of extra features.

Seems like a sleeper hit when I ask around but sold pretty well.

Too Human is mixed - some hate it and some love it.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Hmmm... I would tell you go for Fable 2, pick up Fable for XBox if you have not played it yet (I like Fable 1 more than 2, plus it is only $10) and Mass Effect.

That's about it for my recommendations.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

GameAnalyser said:
criminalminds said:
Well if you are getting XBL I highly suggest you get your CoD on 360 over the PS3. Just an all around better experience (usually slightly better or more features and always a lot more gamers to play with :))

Other than that, I'd say give Crackdown a try!

fanboy's opinion!

It doesn't matter the only tactical shooter I play online is socom so I won't be getting COD for any system.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

I would say look at the Jrpgs if you're into those you can score them cheap and they're good games - just not FF caliber.
Lost odyssey, Infinite undiscovery, and blue dragon (none of these will ever come to PS3). I haven't tried last remnant yet, still waiting it to get to $20 or maybe less or news of a ps3 version.

Hey and while socom isn't the only tactical shooter i play, I do agree with you it's the best. Mag is kind of socom-fpsish i'm in the beta, not the same though.

Around the Network

yea I tried other ones like killzone and COD 4 but none held me as long as socom has. I also was in the second wave of MAG beta testing and didn't like it to much.

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

If you're ever going to think about looking into The Last Remnant, wait to see if the PS3 version makes any changes, preferably getting rid of the leader class. It was such a pain the ass in the 360 version.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Kameo
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Earth Defense 2017
Too Human

You have to at least get Viva Pinata

dsister44 said:
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Kameo
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Earth Defense 2017
Too Human

You have to at least get Viva Pinata

out of all the recommendations Viva Pinata actually looks the most interesting. i dont like the whole space futuristic environments of mass effect and too human. Lost odyssey looks really cool and I'll grab that one also.

DirtyP2002 said:

What kind of bundle are you getting? I would recommend PURE, it is such a fun arcade racer. I had a REALLY great time with it. Other than that, get like $50 in MS points and go shopping on XBLA.

I highly recommend:

• Geometry Wars 2 (put your music on the HDD and enjoy the game. Soooo addictive and so much fun)
  • Splosion Man - CLASSIC 2D plattformer and one of the best.
  • Braid
  • Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - Best adventure ever

and you have to try:

• Castle Crashers
  • Trials HD
  • Shadow Complex
  • and a bunch of classic games.

a lot of people are loving those titles.

I endorse this post 110%!

loves2splooge said:
Castle Crashers and Braid are coming to PSN with extras I think so you could wait for those. Castle Crashers is really fun.

As for Lost Odyssey load times, they weren't much of a problem for me after installing to the hard drive (installing 4 discs is gonna take up a crapload of space though. lol).

Why wait for an unannounced release date when you can play them today on XBLA?  Also, I'd like a link to where it was announced they'd come with extras.