By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RESONANCE OF FATE: check out these INCEDIBLE GAMPLAY VIDS!!

dsister44 said:
Rei said:
Xxain said:
Rei...stop Invincible and actually jumping are to different things, every time there in the air DOES NOT MEAN INVINCIBLE ACTION, Invincible actions can be in the air OR on the ground( trailer 2 shows Zepher using Invincible action on ground)...or u can jump when you want to it like DEMONSTRATED IN TRAILER 3...now beat it and stop trying to revenge from last thread

You've spent too much time on the internet forums.

By the way, you arent going to get many people interested in this beloved game of yours with that kind of approach, I'd say the lack of interest in RoF at vgchartz is mainly your fault, as you are trying way too hard to hype what seems to be a rather mediocre game.

lol your credibilty with me just dropped to just above zero. Xxain proved you wrong with facts so you move to attacks. Just take it like a man next time and admit that you were wrong

he never will just like the Artonelico 3 thread..hes just proving hes a immature guy who cant take being wrong..both threads a I used examples and Facts to prove his theory wrong while he just relied on petty attacks...now hes just trying to attack me threw RoF...its funny cuz iirc he was in one of my earlier threads and praised the game. Rei if cant debate like a mature poster...dont do it...u just end up makin urself look silly

Around the Network

Like I said, you've spent too much time on the internet, Xxain. It seems like for you every thread is a "battle" that you must win at all costs.

What I dont get however is what "facts" you are talking about, as I dont see any facts brought by you, just excuses and damage control.

Let me tell you something Xxain, Mr. Overhyper.

You keep bringing your game into the spotlight and have a 60+ post thread.

I don't bring my game into the light nearly as much and I am lucky to get 20 posts.

I guess I should do opposite of what Rei says. Maybe I should start hyping more.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Rei said:
Like I said, you've spent too much time on the internet, Xxain. It seems like for you every thread is a "battle" that you must win at all costs.

What I dont get however is what "facts" you are talking about, as I dont see any facts brought by you, just excuses and damage control.

Do you have any facts? Or does your word count?

Rei said:

dude...this isnt a battle...im not sit and let u trash a game u dont know about or haven't played just to offend me..u dont have to like me, but dont take out on a game that tons of great ppl worked hard to make...I dont kno why ur actin like this but get over it...i used nothing but facts, and in regard to post...this actually sounds more like you

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Rei said:

Do you have any facts? Or does your word count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVF4d9-LqDc Battle tutorial vid.

It's hard to understand everything from it so read this explanation I found at neogaf as well:

it works like this.

turns are seamless meaning the enemy acts as you act. the enemy will automatically target the character you are currently controlling. the game is semi-real time, enemies move as you move, time freezes when you don't move. This gives you time to think of strategies and plan your moves.

there are 2 types of damage. Scratch and Direct. Scratch Damage is for automatic weapons, while they deal plenty of damage, the damage dealt isn't permanent and it can be healed over time. Direct damage on the hand is not as high as Scratch, but the advantage of direct damage is that it takes the scratch damage and makes it permanent. This system is universal in the game, it works both against enemies and playable characters.

when you want to attack, you select your target (with the dpad according to impressions) and hold down the attack button to load bullets. there's a circle around the crosshair that fills up, once it does a complete 360 lap you load a bullet. Let go of the attack button and the character will fire the bullets loaded. Now this circle fills faster the closer you are to the target, and obviously fills up slower the farther you are.

the game has Invincible Actions, which are basically special attacks. you are completely invulnerable during these and this is where all those acrobatic moves come from. the game prompts you to make a path the character will follow during IA, and you'll unleash lead upon the enemy until the character reaches her/his destination. the use of IA are limited, in the bottom part of the screens there are these hexagons which basically tell you how many times you can use IAs, you can recover these by simply attacking or killing baddies. if you happen to run out of them, the characters will go into a danger status, which will drop their defense, make them slower and will take awhile to load bullets for attacks. this is obviously done so people can't spam IAs.

the director confirmed that the IAs animation will get more elaborate as you level up, so they will keep changing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All these crazy acrobatic moves I've been referring to in my very 1st post in this thread are activated via these "Invincible Actions". The game is full of them and judging by the impressions from people who played this at TGS you spend more time watching your character fly and shoot than doing anything else in battles.

And that in my opinion sucks, like I said - this game tries to look cool way too hard and forgets about trying to do anything else.

And then Xxain says that you can use "Invincible Actions" on the ground as well. he then said that you should look at trailer 3.

dsister44 said:
And then Xxain says that you can use "Invincible Actions" on the ground as well. he then said that you should look at trailer 3.

Yes you can as there are many types of those "actions". But that doesnt contradict what I've originally said as these crazy acrobatic moves are still accessed that way as well.

dude...now ur just damage controlling, this debate was spark because you accused RoF as being but a bunch of Mandatory jumping around..which is not true...

Now you are just lying, Xxain. I've never said the game doesnt have anything over than jumping around - if I did, show me where. What I said is that it has too much of this, and I still stand by this statement.

There is too much of meaningless jumping in the game and that makes it look like crap.