By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 2 vs. Gran Turismo Screenshots

Its always interesting to see differences between two different games based on the same real world places.  Below, is a link that compares Forza 2 and Gran Turismo...  Just in case you aren't familiar with Forza it was released back in May.

http://gameplanets.blogspot.com/2007/10/gt5-vs-forza-2-graphics-comparison.html

Around the Network

The site has more articles for the xbox/xbox360 then they do for the playstations or nintendo systems... tells yah alot. Look at the actual video in

ign.com

Then try to compare.

mM

might work better if they were screenshots, it's really hard to tell the difference with these grainy photos.

But to be honest, at this point, I don't think it really matters. Both of these games look pretty fantastic and I think 95% of people don't really care.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Poor pictures. Too low res to determine the true worth of HD graphics, those dudes shat in their own breakfast...

leo-j said:
The site has more articles for the xbox/xbox360 then they do for the playstations or nintendo systems... tells yah alot. Look at the actual video in

ign.com

Then try to compare.

Wow, you're fiesty these days.

Either way, I predict this thread heading in interesting directions. Everyone dawn your fire protective gear.

Around the Network

Whats important is that even though it will be coming out close to a year later and made by a first party, GT does not look substantially better than Forza Motorsport 2. This proves what everyone already knew, the PS3 has a MARGINAL graphical advantage over the Xbox 360.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft

"GT does not look better than forza motorsport 2"

.................................Your blind arent you?

mM

Way to screw around with my quote leo-j. I said GT does not look SUBSTANTIALLY better than FM2. And i'm right, it doesn't. GT looks very pretty, but it is not leaps and bounds ahead of FM2. If the PS3 was nearly as powerful as Sony says it is then GT, a first party game, would look far and away better than the Microsoft exclusive equivalent. But it's time to be honest with yourself leo. The PS3 is more powerful than the 360, but the difference is only marginal and massive amounts of the PS3's power are extremely difficult, if not impossible to harness for gaming purposes.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

lol starcraft,

1/ Those screenshots are complete BS, they show nothing.

2/ GT5 just owns completely Forzza in term of GFX. The car modelisation is so much better on GT. It is not Forzza is ulgy but the cars are not as beautifull as GT's cars. And remember : 16 car on the same race man... how many for Foraz ? not even 10 I assume ...

It just shows at which point the PS3 is superior when correctly used.
Also, I assume that for a racing game, the most important thing, FOR THE GFX, is the car modelisation. It is why GT5 is better for me in the visual aspect.

Note this doesn't mean that Forzza is BS in term of gameplay. Most of the people agree that forzza gameplay is better than GT gameplay (Forza is a better simulation).

I expect very strong sales for GT5, particularly in Europe ...
For a racing car, gfx are very important, it is, IN PART, why gamers liked GT1/2/3/4, it is why gamers will like GT5.

Time to Work !

I think they both look great. The fact that people are saying it is too grainy to tell, etc. shows that the difference is marginal at best.

They are just two great games. One, built 6 months ago that people are enjoying on 360 and another that is coming out and I am sure PS3 owners will enjoy.