By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It is time for Shigeru Miyamoto to retire (Malstrom)

Onyxmeth said:

-That video is frighteningly stupid and I don't think anyone other than the most masochistic of us would want that.

I don't know, that could be pretty fun, it looks a lot harder.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Counter Strike says hello to user generated content sucks !!!!!!!!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

darthdevidem01 said:
@supermario128

I'm afraid, when it happens, maybe I will stop gaming

Don't worry, he's one of the healthiest men in the world.  Barring something tragic, our grandchildren will probably be playing Miyamoto's games  

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Anyone who's surprised he wrote this obviously hasn't been paying attention.

The proposed remedy's too extreme, but I think he makes some pretty good points. I'd love to have another Wii Music, but for Nintendo's sake I hope they don't hang too much on its success, as they apparently did with the original.

Ail said:

If only that were what he was talking about...

Ail said:

He specifically mentions that he's talking about closed GUI user generated content, not PC mod content. Read the tail end of the article when he goes into the difference about Nintendo providing the tools and letting modders have the source code, which Nintendo would never do.

@supermario128

You're the most masochistic person I know as you subject yourself to those "_____ the Person Above You" threads all day long. This kind of Mario game would definitely fit you well.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Why doesn't Malstrom retire?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

According to Maelstrom, in order to keep pushing boundaries and attempting to find the next "new thing", one shouldn't be willing to have failures.

He couldn't be more wrong.

Great creators/artists throughout time have had to throw things at the wall and see what sticks. Some of these things gain niche followings, and others explode into the huge hits that are remembered by all. But without the willingness to go out and keep trying to do things differently, you will breed stagnation. I don't want a great mind like Miyamoto's, to be put in a box and told to keep cranking out the same things over and over.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

^^^Mods =/= UGC as basis of game itself.

Malstrom is going nuts. He just likes attention. There is some basis to what he's saying, that Nintendo needs to focus more on making new content instead of rehashing key series with somewhat differing mechanics. But Miyamoto is a guy who has made new content-oriented games like Pikmin and Nintendogs in the last decade. And the guy behind Wii Sports and Wii Fit. He's the most influential developer of 3 consecutive decades, and a couple years pursuing a false ideal doesn't mean much compared with what he could be doing in 5 or 10 years.

What's more, Miyamoto is a guy who will let an idea sit on the back burner for 15 or 20 years... Notably Miis and multi-player Mario. Iwata stills sets the direction of the company, and I think there has clearly been a change in direction from the Wii Music/City Folk disaster that led to Wii's low 2009 sales, and now focusing on NSMBW as the holiday killer app. Malstrom may be right and Miyamoto never makes a UGC-focused game that works in the marketplace, but he will have plenty of awesome ideas and new games in the meantime.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Stop posting this clown on this site....why does this side of the forum care about him so much..theres a thread called " Malestroms gonna be mad"...and??? who gives a flyin fuck

I'm getting real tired of Malstrom He has been way to critical of Nintendo/Miyamoto lately. Look at the weekly sales data here. Nintendo is still raiding high in first place and has some of the best games for Wii and DS so what gives with this guy?