By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Demon Souls on the 360?

No it won't ever happen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
yo_john117 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
No, think of it as Ninja BLade of the PS3...

Ummm no, Demon Souls is a good game lol.

Yes demons souls looks very good, to bad even though i have a PS3 i'll NEVER play it...

And you dont like Ninja Blade? wai?

I played the demo and five minutes later turned it off cause it sucked.  And the worst part is everybody said the demo was better than the actual game.

Why won't you be playing Demon Souls?

He's paranoid about Demons.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CGI-Quality said:
Globox82 said:
CGI-Quality said:
In fact, I'm shocked Sony has snagged HEAVY RAIN as their own IP, it's still owned by Quantic.

Jesus...when will ppl like you learn that sony doesn't publish a game if they don't get to own all right to IP?!! HR IP is owned by Sony, they are published and pour money into it, that said HRain IP is irrelevant because there won't ever be a sequel (confirmed by David Cage)

Sony, DOES NOT own the IP.

Huh I always thought they did. Not to say you don't know your stuff (When It comes to Heavy Rain theres a 99% chance you're always right) but could you provide a link where it says that Sony doesn't own the IP? I know this source is suspect but according to Wikipedia Heavy Rain is a Sony owned IP

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

If it is possible I for one wish this game would go to the 360. As many people as possible needs to play this game.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

ShadowSoldier said:
CGI-Quality said:
Globox82 said:
CGI-Quality said:
In fact, I'm shocked Sony has snagged HEAVY RAIN as their own IP, it's still owned by Quantic.

Jesus...when will ppl like you learn that sony doesn't publish a game if they don't get to own all right to IP?!! HR IP is owned by Sony, they are published and pour money into it, that said HRain IP is irrelevant because there won't ever be a sequel (confirmed by David Cage)

Sony, DOES NOT own the IP.

Huh I always thought they did. Not to say you don't know your stuff (When It comes to Heavy Rain theres a 99% chance you're always right) but could you provide a link where it says that Sony doesn't own the IP? I know this source is suspect but according to Wikipedia Heavy Rain is a Sony owned IP

Wikipedia can be easily changed, ask makingmusic. n___n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
yo_john117 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Yes demons souls looks very good, to bad even though i have a PS3 i'll NEVER play it...

I played the demo and five minutes later turned it off cause it sucked.  And the worst part is everybody said the demo was better than the actual game.

Religios reasons, family first games last.

@Outlaw- meani. -.-

If Sony owns the IP...it doesn't matter who publishes it...It's like Mechwarrior...somebody other than M$ is developing the game, but you can bet ur ass it's not going multi-console!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
yo_john117 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
yo_john117 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Religios reasons, family first games last.

@Outlaw- meani. -.-

Gotcha. 

CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:

Looks like it's on the PS3 for the long haul, I don't care that much though since I don't enjoy being beaten into the ground repeatedly by a game. I don't think it would sell well on the 360 anyway.

Also, I can think of a few examples of Microsoft owned IPs coming up that they own but "second party" (whatever that even means) are handling them: Alan Wake and Crackdown 2, and you could even count Halo: Reach. So yes, it does happen occasionally.

Microsoft owns Alan Wake?

I don't think M$ owns the IP...they just have publishing rights...so I don't think there is any chance of the game ever porting to the PS3.  This wasn't a timed-exclusive deal, like the ones with the Japanese developers.  M$ seems to basically contracted Remedy to produce the game...but of course, IP ownership isn't Game ownership.  This situation isn't the same as Mass Effect, but it's similiar.  it's taken them 5 years to produce Alan Wake, so that freaking game had been be the bomb dizzle!

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=1216

Does anybody have a link to Demon's Soul's IP ownership...this might be a similiar case...I know M$ financed Ninja Blade...and got robbed, imho!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:

Looks like it's on the PS3 for the long haul, I don't care that much though since I don't enjoy being beaten into the ground repeatedly by a game. I don't think it would sell well on the 360 anyway.

Also, I can think of a few examples of Microsoft owned IPs coming up that they own but "second party" (whatever that even means) are handling them: Alan Wake and Crackdown 2, and you could even count Halo: Reach. So yes, it does happen occasionally.

Microsoft owns Alan Wake?

I don't think M$ owns the IP...they just have publishing rights...so I don't think there is any chance of the game ever porting to the PS3.  This wasn't a timed-exclusive deal, like the ones with the Japanese developers.  M$ seems to basically contracted Remedy to produce the game...but of course, IP ownership isn't Game ownership.  This situation isn't the same as Mass Effect, but it's similiar.  it's taken them 5 years to produce Alan Wake, so that freaking game had been be the bomb dizzle!

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=1216

Does anybody have a link to Demon's Soul's IP ownership...this might be a similiar case...I know M$ financed Ninja Blade...and got robbed, imho!

Nope, but here's a link to M$ trademarks:

http://members.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/trademarks/en-us.mspx

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence