By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Demon Souls on the 360?

wenlan said:
twesterm said:

If Microsoft gives Atlus enough money I'm sure it could happen since Demon's Soul isn't anything fantastic graphics or scale-wise but I really doubt it's going to happen.

As good as Demon's Soul is, I doubt it's worth the risk and money it would take to port it.

Some games are exclusives and that's just the way it is.

All Atlus did to this game is publishing this game and suggesting a better English translation.....

Microsoft turned down this game and chose Ninja Blade.  Thank god they didn't choose Demon's Souls

Wait so MS had a chance to snag Demon Souls but instead wen't for Ninja Blade?!?   God what fail!

@Globox/Globox82--Why are people like you so freakin hateful?  I just asked a simple question only get my head bitten off for it.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:
wenlan said:
twesterm said:

If Microsoft gives Atlus enough money I'm sure it could happen since Demon's Soul isn't anything fantastic graphics or scale-wise but I really doubt it's going to happen.

As good as Demon's Soul is, I doubt it's worth the risk and money it would take to port it.

Some games are exclusives and that's just the way it is.

All Atlus did to this game is publishing this game and suggesting a better English translation.....

Microsoft turned down this game and chose Ninja Blade.  Thank god they didn't choose Demon's Souls

Wait so MS had a chance to snag Demon Souls but instead wen't for Ninja Blade?!?   God what fail!

@Globox/Globox82--Why are people like you so freakin hateful?  I just asked a simple question only get my head bitten off for it.

He can't seem to help himself, look at his response to me...

Good grief idk why he feels the need to be so overly aggressive about stuff like this.

You know, after seeing how low Demon's Souls sales were in Japan (0.14m), I was about to say that even if Sony doesn't have the IP right, they have no real financial reason to care if it goes to the 360. But now that I see Demon's Souls is PS3's 30th ranked game in Japanese sales, I take that thought back. I had no idea that PS3 software sales were generally this bad in Japan. I knew things were bad for HD there but not that bad. The handhelds are really killing the home console market over there. White Knight Chronicles is actually #8 on the PS3 even though it only sold 0.35m there. So I guess hd jrpgs (up until now) aren't really just niche there like I thought. It's just that HD gaming in general is niche there. So in case From Software makes a sequel and the PS3 install base gets going, I think it would be the smart thing to secure that IP if they haven't already.

microsoft funded ninja blade.

sony went for demon souls.

sony won this time around.

I think this game will sell much better than a lot of people are believing (especially the NON PS3 owners). I am getting it tomorrow once the lazy Best Buy workers unpack their 2nd shipment of it and get it out (got one being held for the morning).

Around the Network

well "From Sotfware" is teh dev they made 360 games b4 but dont rlly like it so mostly likly not

We will have to ask ROBOTECHHEAVEN once he starts working for From Software.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Xoj said:
microsoft funded ninja blade.

sony went for demon souls.

sony WE won this time around.

Fixed

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I doubt Sony owns the IP. It's actually fairly uncommon for a first party to own the IP of second party games. We see this every time a second party developer splits from the first party. Nintendo didn't own the Banjo Kazooie IP, Microsoft didn't own the Mass Effect IP and so on. It says "Copyright Sony Computer Entertainment" on the old Sony published Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games, yet Sony didn't own those IP's.

Star Ocean 4 was a collaboration between tri-Ace and Microsoft, with Feelplus (Lost Odyssey) doing a lot of character model work, yet that didn't stop the game from being ported to the PS3.

Most likely Sony have some kind of exclusivity deal with From Software for the Asian market that possibly include sequels as well. However the fact that Atlus is the US publisher may indicate that Sony have no control over the IP outside Asia. I mean what else could possibly stop Sony from publishing it themselves ?

Microsoft likely turned this game down because it's a WRPG. They probably thought it wouldn't be popular with Japanese gamers.
It's a real shame there's no 360 version. The PS3 version unfortunately only support 720p which looks ugly on my 1080i native TV. A 360 version would have looked a lot better (on my TV).

CGI-Quality said:

In fact, I'm shocked Sony hasn't snagged HEAVY RAIN as their own IP, it's still owned by Quantic.

I don't have a link but HR IP is now owned by Sony. I think this was great move just in case Heavy Rain turns out 1.5-2 million selling game.