By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

perpride said:
Garnett said:

@perpride

While KZ2 and Uncharted 2 may have nice graphics there both on rail shooters (linear shooters) while Crysis has better graphics than both and has open world game play.

True, True. This would apply to most console shooters though right (Far Cry 2 excluded)? But I think what I was trying to say is that PC really does not have that many games yet that take advantage of its superior power to the consoles. Sure, there are games like Crysis (the only one that comes to mind atm). But consoles have games like Gears 2, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Forza 3 and MGS4. And I'm not even mentioning upcoming games like Alan Wake and Heavy Rain.

So yes, PC is far superior to consoles as far as graphical capabilities go. But what is the use of this if all the amazing looking games are on consoles and there are only few games like Crysis which take advantage of better graphics and an open world?

There are a handful of PC games which I feel, at their highest settings, are better looking than the best console has to offer. And that list will only expand as developers start taking advantage of DirectX 11. 

Around the Network
meehan666 said:
BMaker11 said:
Having just replayed all of MGS4, I can honestly say, Mr. ZenFolder, that your inequalities are wrong. Find a game on the 360 with better character models than MGS4.

MGS4 is definitely not on the bottom of that list. I mean, it did win Best Graphics of the Year in 2008...the year Gears 2 came out. Just an FYI

Sometimes it did. Some other media outlets, like gametrailers for example, rated Gears Of War II the best. Either way, it is up there with the worst of the best PS3 exclusives. Forza too.

Worst of the best, you say? The only games that are "graphic kings" on the PS3 are KZ2, Uncharted 1 and 2, and MGS4 imho. "Up there" would have one assume that there are many PS3 games pushing the graphics barrier, right now, but right now, those are the ones that are on top, with nothing else close, in the exclusive department

--OkeyDokey-- said:
huaxiong90 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Right now it goes Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and Gears 2 > everything else. I think we can all agree on that.

Hey, I don't agree with Gears 2 looking better than MGS4. Why did MGS4 win many best graphics awards? I'm not trying to be a prick, but I for one, "don't agree on that".

Because MGS4 looks like crap half the time.

I don't know why it won so many graphics awards. Maybe everyone didn't want to give it to a marginally improved sequel that won the award a few years ago? (explains why Crysis Warhead got shunned).

MGS4 looks like crap?

You're entitled to your opinion but there's a reason MGS4 won all those awards. And at the end of the day those awards are more significant then the opinion of some random dude on a forum.

BMaker11 said:
meehan666 said:
BMaker11 said:
Having just replayed all of MGS4, I can honestly say, Mr. ZenFolder, that your inequalities are wrong. Find a game on the 360 with better character models than MGS4.

MGS4 is definitely not on the bottom of that list. I mean, it did win Best Graphics of the Year in 2008...the year Gears 2 came out. Just an FYI

Sometimes it did. Some other media outlets, like gametrailers for example, rated Gears Of War II the best. Either way, it is up there with the worst of the best PS3 exclusives. Forza too.

Worst of the best, you say? The only games that are "graphic kings" on the PS3 are KZ2, Uncharted 1 and 2, and MGS4 imho. "Up there" would have one assume that there are many PS3 games pushing the graphics barrier, right now, but right now, those are the ones that are on top, with nothing else close, in the exclusive department

KZ2 and U2 are a notch above MGS4 and U1, which are the games I am referring to when I say the worst of the best looking PS3 exclusives. 

meehan666 said:
BMaker11 said:
meehan666 said:
BMaker11 said:

KZ2 and U2 are a notch above MGS4 and U1, which are the games I am referring to when I say the worst of the best looking PS3 exclusives. 

Gotcha....it's just that there aren't that many in  comparison, so to say the "worst of the best" out of 2 games being "the worst" is kind of silly

Around the Network
Steroid said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
huaxiong90 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Right now it goes Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and Gears 2 > everything else. I think we can all agree on that.

Hey, I don't agree with Gears 2 looking better than MGS4. Why did MGS4 win many best graphics awards? I'm not trying to be a prick, but I for one, "don't agree on that".

Because MGS4 looks like crap half the time.

I don't know why it won so many graphics awards. Maybe everyone didn't want to give it to a marginally improved sequel that won the award a few years ago? (explains why Crysis Warhead got shunned).

MGS4 looks like crap?

You're entitled to your opinion but there's a reason MGS4 won all those awards. And at the end of the day those awards are more significant then the opinion of some random dude on a forum.

To anyone saying that MGS4 looks like crap.....direct them to Act 4 at Shadow Moses, or Act 5 and the Epilogue. Hell...direct them to Act 2 when Raiden and Vamp fight. It's all rendered in engine...that oughta quiet a few naysayers

U2>KZ2>MGS4>U1

There's no need to direct them to anything, anyone who tries to say that MGS4 looks like crap needs to stop flinging feces at their television.

@steroid LOL

Dude those MGS4 pic you posted have low res textures!

"You're entitled to your opinion but there's a reason MGS4 won all those awards. And at the end of the day those awards are more significant then the opinion of some random dude on a forum".

So true. It is a not like a song or a moive that appeal to a particular taste.

Ask any level headed unbias person about the graphical awesomeness between a number of games and you get pretty much the same anwser.