By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The FASTEST-GROWING game of all time is FARMVILLE (58 Million Players!!)

Never heard of this game before, but then again I don't use facebook.

Around the Network

i used to play this game loads and so did most people in my year but gets boring after a while

Probably covered - but comparing this to something like ODST or any other commercially released game is not comparing apples with apples. Ok, what's the dev budget for Farmville? I play Mafia Wars quite a bit on FB but I just don't see these embedded game apps in the same league as any commercial game.

Onyxmeth said:

Marvelous, Natsume and Rising Star, I hope youre taking notes.

Yeah, such a shame a great game like Rune factory frontier has done so badly while it's clear farming sims are actually popular

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

My girlfriend plays this, my mom plays this and her mom plays this.

The other night my mother calls up my girlfriend and says "I posted a pink cow! I posted a pink cow! Get it before someone else does!!!"

My girlfriend got all excited and grabbed that pink cow.

I laugh at them.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
mrstickball said:
Erik Aston said:
http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/the-difference-between-customers-and-users/

Sean doesn't really relate that article to any specific games in the industry. Quite invalid, really.

Most of the social games have fantastic monetization structures. Average revenue per user varies from $0.30-$0.50 per user per month. If Farmville is averaging 50 million users a month, that means it makes anywhere from $15 million to $25 million a month. Not too bad given the costs shouldn't be too high, and they offer more than just Farmville.

What are the sources of revenue for Farmville? I ask because I've never played it and I'm curious as to how it is they're amounting between 25-50 million on a free Facebook application.

You purchase in game cash that you can use to buy stuff to decorate or refuel your tractor, which saves you time in planting and harvesting crops.

my mom plays it

"Zynga's FarmVille - a free-to-play Facebook game about tiling soil and tending crops in a virtual farm - has quietly amassed more than 58 million active players."

"Players have generated more than 40 million farms"

did i miss something, how does this game have 58 million active players but only 40 million farms? 18 million people actively didn't start the game?

I actually wonder how many of my friends actually play it now. I blocked it back over the summer like I do most everything I see in my minifeed that's a facebook application.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

kitler53 said:
"Zynga's FarmVille - a free-to-play Facebook game about tiling soil and tending crops in a virtual farm - has quietly amassed more than 58 million active players."

"Players have generated more than 40 million farms"

did i miss something, how does this game have 58 million active players but only 40 million farms? 18 million people actively didn't start the game?

Maybe some wealthy facebook landlords hire many little facebooker farmers to work one one farm?

I kid, I have no clue how farmville works.