By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Science explains why Heavy Rain may fail.

@sillicon

oh, no need to a new thread then

@seece

Tell me how you feel about this

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
AdventWolf said:

^They have, they leaked the video where the main character shows her boobs remember.

I was so mortified by how realistic they looked... and jiggled...

*dies of "mortification"*

nen-suer said:

@sillicon

@seece

Wow, erm, the second to last "girl" I have seen before. She didn't creep me out much .. but the one at the end did. I don't get the bit about "they evoke fear of death, dying and immortality" though .. Thanks for the vid!

IMO, cause i love anime, FFVII Advent Children is the best looking, realistic enough yet maintained the anime-esc to project a coolness instead of scaring people. That is why FFVII is better than FF The Spirit Within (crappy movie btw).

angrypoolman said:

Edit: Naznatips at 1:53!

lol why is he whining ? he can still get games that are exacly like the old ones, there are simply other games now too.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Seece said:
nen-suer said:

@sillicon

@seece

Wow, erm, the second to last "girl" I have seen before. She didn't creep me out much .. but the one at the end did. I don't get the bit about "they evoke fear of death, dying and immortality" though .. Thanks for the vid!

Erm. The only thing creepy about that video is the Halloween music

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Seece said:

What if, a robot became 100% lifelike?

Then it would be fine. The reason it is called a valley is because appeal sharply drops as you get closer and then quickly raises back up once you hit lifelike.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Seece said:

Then it would be fine. The reason it is called a valley is because appeal sharply drops as you get closer and then quickly raises back up once you hit lifelike.

Also, you could name her Caprica and do her. . .

Akvod said:
I have a really random hypothesis.

Constantly in nature animals are faced with things that look very similar, but not quite the same as something. Baby spiders pretending to be flowers, Lions camouflaging in golden grass, etc.

Not being able to recognize small differences, and recognizing them as threats can lead to death in nature. So that instinct maybe carried out to us? This animal instinct of recognizing fakers?

Another take: we also instinctively dislike deformed life-like human features, probably because they hint at possible (genetic) diseases.

When an artificial image is far enough from realism we might tag it "human" with our conscious mind, but it's an abstract process. So this gut feeling doesn't kick in.

I guess that when we get too close to realism our subconscious also starts treating it as a human, gut feelings and all. In this new mode, we're overly sensitive to even slight deviations from the norm in appearance and behaviour.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Gnizmo said:
Seece said:

You got it backwords buddy, the appeal rise as it get closer and then sharply drops once you hit lifelike.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)