By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NFS: Shift is the WORST racing game i have played this gen.

I really enjoyed this game for the first 2 tiers. I was able to manage the controls and tune my cars so they were mostly driveable. However, once I got to tier 3, things fell apart. I never really felt like I had any control over the car. It's a shame. I hope EA will release a patch for those of you who stuck with the game to address the squirrelly controls. Anyway, I traded it in and bought Grid. I'm really enjoying it.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

ditto played the DEMO on my PS3

got past the first lap, exited it, delted the demo file, spat on the harddrive on my PS3, to make sure it gets as insulted as possible & sent 10 people messages saying NFS:Shift is actually NFS:sh*t

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I still remember NFS: Hot Pursuit 2. That game has to be one of the best arcade racers along with Burnout 3.

Its sad to see how EA fucked up the NFS franchise.

It has it's flaws but, the cockpit view and engine sounds are insane, along with the game's sense of speed.

Besides that, a few reasons I haven't bought it:

- Slightly less cars/tracks than Grid
- no D-pad support
- Still $60

Some people actually prefer the aggressive AI: It's the complete opposite of Grid, where cars do their best to avoid you. They barely make any attempts to get in front of you, unless there's a big obvious opening. On lower difficulties, you can hold up many cars just by cutting them off.

I wouldn't really say it's a horrible game, just not holy shit good. If it wasn't for the cockpit/sound, there wouldn't really be anything that stands out about it.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link