By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TOP 8 DEVELOPERS THIS GEN!!!! HOLY COW

Infinity ward is one of the most overrated developers, just because their game is popular doesn't make them a good developer. their support for the games is crap, their online is filled with hackers that they don't give a damn about, the AI is one of the dumbest AI ever , their games are too much alike and they just milk their countless DLC on people and people suck it up.

seriously where is the support? and why is their games such a faceless rip off of popular action movies? i feel sorry for anyone who worship these games.

Around the Network

I'm sorry but putting developers who have only done 2 games this gen in the list makes no sense....

Former something....

After nearly four years Nintendo brought us a rehashed Gamecube game (Zelda), a Mario similar to it's previous installment besides story and a few new characters, Brawl... which is I admit prob the best fighting game ever due to the fun factor.. and then a whole bunch of random Wii this and that's, which barely qualify as an effort on Nintendo's behalf. I think the OP's trying to make a list of the developers who have made the greatest strides from the previous generation. ND may have been great with Jak, but they created a fantastic new IP which has no similarities to their previous game, doesn't even look like the same company made them. Same thing with Epic and Infinity Ward. I do think Betheseda should be on there though.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

CGI-Quality said:
^^ Damn, that's some serious Infinity Ward rantin' right there......

i have Infinity Rant skillz

but they have Rant Ward on

makingmusic476 said:
I hate when people compare individual developers to development houses. Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, the various Nintendo EAD groups, Retro Studios, the former Clover Studios, etc. are development studios. Nintendo, Sony Worldwide Studios, Capcom, Sega, and Activision are development houses.

THIS! Nintendo isn't just one developer. They are many.

@ The person who questsioned Level 5, Dragon Quest IX.

Around the Network

A list without Bioware or Bungie is bound to be somewhat of a fail list.

why is Turn 10 6th and Nintendo 7th? Turn 10 released one game (Forza 2) and another one is not yet released (Forza 3). Even if only counting SMG, Nintendo should be higher than Turn 10. If it's because the game has Mario in it, ND makes two game this gen with Drake in it and they are still rated #1.

In short, I don't get it.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
why is Turn 10 6th and Nintendo 7th? Turn 10 released one game (Forza 2) and another one is not yet released (Forza 3). Even if only counting SMG, Nintendo should be higher than Turn 10. If it's because the game has Mario in it, ND makes two game this gen with Drake in it and they are still rated #1.

In short, I don't get it.

And to add to my confusion IW has only 2 current games soon to be 3 and Kojima Productions have only had one...

Former something....

And of course, Rockstar North isn't mentioned

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

There are good developers on the list.. but the order is wrong and there are better developers that aren't on the list.