By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lost Planet PS3... WTF happened Capcom?!?

First there was Capcom's Devil May Cry 4, a staple of the Playstation brand, going multiplatform that had Playstation owners in shock.  Then there was Capcom's announcement of Monster Hunter 3 for the PS3 only to later change it to Wii that added insult to injury.  Now Capcom will likely be in hot water again with PS3 fans as pictures are starting to come out of Lost Planet PS3 and they leave little doubt which version of the game is superior. 

NG4.com has posted a comparison shot between the 360 and PS3 versions of the game and it's shocking to say the least:

Source: http://n4g.com/News-76109.aspx

Around the Network

Man it's so obvious, I never thought they could make that nice graphics on the PS3, they must of worked really hard.

I dont think I should believe this... gametrailers went to see the event and said the ps3 version looks even better than the pc version.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Yeah I agree but if it is true I don't really care because I never thought it was that good of a game anyways.

The PS3 picture is from a series Capcom released for their Gamer's Day and confirmed to be from the PS3 version of the game. The 360 picture N4G claims to be taken from the 360 version of the game. I guess we'll know for sure since this is likely to be discussed and dissected in the days to come.

Around the Network

This would really suck for PS3 fans.

Its pretty obvious a quick port - there isn't much reason or benefit for Capcom to spend too long on the PS3 version.

I would be interested to know who here *will* buy the PS3 version when its released.

Can't imagine this will sell well at all.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Its pretty obvious a quick port - there isn't much reason or benefit for Capcom to spend too long on the PS3 version.

I would be interested to know who here *will* buy the PS3 version when its released.

Can't imagine this will sell well at all.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Omg... Many PS2 games are rendered better than that...

final game vs not final game...th egame doesnt even have a release date right now so it could be march before it comes out, right?