By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lost Planet PS3... WTF happened Capcom?!?

Words Of Wisdom said:
libellule said:
The PS3 seems really worse comapred to the Xbox360 version ...

What kind of funky glasses/head accessory are you wearing that makes the PS3 version look better? A blindfold?

Maybe I missed something but it appeared to me that Libellule was saying the PS3 looks worse than the 360 version.

Around the Network

euh ... yes
at least, it is what I meant ...

perhaps, Words Of Wisdom, didn't read my post and just assume that I was a fanboy that will support the PS3 whatever which version looks better.

+1 for Darc Requiem
- 1 for Words Of Wisdom, you didn't deserve your name ;)

Time to Work !

libellule said:
euh ... yes
at least, it is what I meant ...

perhaps, Words Of Wisdom, didn't read my post and just assume that I was a fanboy that will support the PS3 whatever which version looks better.

+1 for Darc Requiem
- 1 for Words Of Wisdom, you didn't deserve your name ;)

well he's human aswell, he can make mistakes, although i know he didn't do it on purpose

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

"""well he's human aswell, he can make mistakes, although i know he didn't do it on purpose"""

O course !
I take it easy, dont worry ...

Time to Work !

Have people forgot Resident Evil 4 already? Capcom has every reason to believe this will work. Further more why would the previous 360 sales be relevant. How many people that own a PS3 will also own a 360? This game will do surprisingly well in spite of graphical short comings. Despite what everyone seems to think most PS3 owners will be happy with the title. The uneducated will recognize the name, and remember the good word of mouth, and they will be thankful that their console got the game.

The graphics do look a bit shabby, but by no means do they look awful. Might I also add we know nothing of the games release. For all we know this just might be budget priced like Resident Evil 4 was. That might make it ideal for consumers at the time of launch a thirty dollar solid third party game should do well.

Around the Network

I apologize to libellule for misreading your post.  ^_^

The PS3 version doesn't look quite as good, but honestly I don't see a big difference. I think Dodece is on the right track: most people won't know or care.

Don't apologize! The confusion was more exciting than the "Super FX is better than Blast Processing" discussion.

On topic: To be fair with the second set of images, it looks like the PS3 version have nice fur or AA like the 360 version, but the skin and lighting is softer and more natural looking. Still the lack of AA ruins it for me.

Edit: Oh, and I agree that most people won't no or care (good for sales) and that the game is too late to the game to have any great success on PS3 (bad for sales)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

My old avatar...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man