By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Pokemon should I buy?

sc94597 said:

Ho-Oh> Lugia Platinum> Heart Gold>> Soul Silver. I put  platinum is above Heart Gold and Soul Silver is because it is already released in the West, and you should get it. I have both Heart Gold and Platinum btw.

Rom or Import?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
sc94597 said:

Ho-Oh> Lugia Platinum> Heart Gold>> Soul Silver. I put  platinum is above Heart Gold and Soul Silver is because it is already released in the West, and you should get it. I have both Heart Gold and Platinum btw.

Rom or Import?

Import. I wouldn't dare pirate a game that is releasing in the U.S. Also I understand some basic Japanese so I could read a good amount of what is being said in Pokemon(toned down for kids.) Also, this whole summer I imported a lot of games. Monster Hunter 3, Dragon Quest IX, and Pokemon Heart Gold being big examples.

In my opinion:

Gold > Red >> Diamond > Ruby

Not the remakes. The music is ruined for HG/SS, and the retro feel for FR/LG.

Soleron said:
In my opinion:

Gold > Red >> Diamond > Ruby

Not the remakes. The music is ruined for HG/SS, and the retro feel for FR/LG.

Gold is my favorite game of all time..

But to say that Diamond is worse than Red is fucking ascinine.  Playing Red after Diamond is like climbing a mountain with a unicycle, half-naked, while juggling chainsaws and playing any Dragonforce song with a harmonica.  In short, feels awful.

Pixel Art can be fun.

@Soleron in heart gold and soul silver you get a item to go back to the original music

platinum is good but if your only getting one wait till HG/SS come out and get one of them

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Ok, I've never really played a Pokemon game so I'll ask here.

1) why soul silver over heart gold? aren't they the same only with different starting pokemon?

2) why gold/silver over platinum? What is really the difference between the versions.

1. Here are the different Pokemon available in each. Basically Soul Silver sounds better and it is the one I originally bought back in the day.

2. HG/SS have two regions to go to and new islands. Platinum only has one region. And with HG/SS you get 3 different starter sets. First from Elm, then from Oak, then when you beat Red. The games are just a lot better with much more to do.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Whatever, just be sure to pick up either HeartGold or SoulSilver. DPt is obsolete by now.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

DEFINITELY wait for heart gold/soul silver