By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony "pleading" with Third-party Devs?

HappySqurriel said:

Hiroshi Yamauchi was Nintendo's president for nearly 53 years and can be credited for up until 2002 when Satoru Iwata replaced him as president of Nintendo. Iwata was far more focused on third party relationships than Yamauchi ever was, and unfortunately came to power far too late in the Gamecube's life to make much of a difference in its third party support.

Because of Iwata we can say that there is practically no third party publisher who is not supporting the Wii, and I suspect that soon we will be able to claim that no third party publisher is poorly supporting the Wii.

I do hope we see more third-party content on the Wii. Make no mistake, I like the system and its ideals, and games like MH3 are a move in the right direction.

But when you look at what the PS3/360 have and are getting in terms of third-party content, and there is still a wide gap.

Around the Network

Guys I just asked a freelancer called Fishie and he confirms Takahashi's story that Sony is pleading developpers.

This makes sense especially with all the flopping PS3 games have been doing to this date. Don't people think they want a return after spending 20+ million on a game? With games taking a couple of years to be made is it worth risking a potential flop? Again makes sense to me.

konnichiwa said:
Guys I just asked a freelancer called Fishie and he confirms Takahashi's story that Sony is pleading developpers.

Are you suggesting his story has no footing?  It makes perfect sense -- developers will migrate away from the platform that costs the most and has, by far, the least potential for profitability.  And a very bleak outlook on future potential.

Right now, the analysts are predicting that the 40GB PS3 won't have a huge effect on the market.  Bad news for Sony Indeed.

How many exclusives have been announced for Sony in the last 6 months compared to the number of "no longer exclusives" or "moving away from the PS3" announcements have their been?  A ton of devs have gone from Sony exclusive to multiplatform or no PS3 release.   

@The big fat J

No the analyst are predicting the ps3 will explode in the U.S market with the 40gb... I read it.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
@The big fat J

No the analyst are predicting the ps3 will explode in the U.S market with the 40gb... I read it.

Just like they predicted it would explode in the U.S market after launch?

I can say that too, Just like they said the wii will bomb at luanch.

mM
leo-j said:
I can say that too, Just like they said the wii will bomb at luanch.

That's really not helping your argument. Lol.

leo-j said:
@The big fat J

Leo-J, or anyone else, when has a price cut saved a console that was doing poorly?

Soriku said:
konnichiwa said:

???

One of my "friends' is a freelancer.

His nickname is Fishie.  He always knows everything that goes on in the game industry and many of his friends are developpers also developpers for Sony projects.

That Sony was pleading developpers is not a secret a lot of people knows this only no one made a blog about it like Takahashi just did.

Yah it can sounds weird to hear this from me without evidence;

But if you don't trust me you can ask ONNAGIRL.  She knows Fishie too.

If ya want I can post pictures of Fishie with miyamoto and a picture of Fishie with me if that would made my words more beleaveble.

I am not making this up , the only reason that I know Fishie is because he is from Belgium and told a lot of news on Belgian/Dutch forums that is also why ONNAGIRL knows him.