By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony "pleading" with Third-party Devs?

According to Dean Takahashi, yes

"One piece of news that came out this week was that Sony pleaded with third-party developers not to abandon its struggling platform. That change in attitude is a marked difference compared to the arrogance of past years. The argument is that the PS 3 will show its strength as developers learn how to make games for it. But developers know they can staff four or five Wii teams with the same number of people it takes to make one PS 3 game. We may have a glut of Wii games soon, but that’s not as bad as not having enough games on the PS 3."

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

wow..

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Really? I just don't know who to believe anymore XD

Sony attitudes towards the devs and their console changes so rapidly.

bazaar.

Around the Network

4 or 5? That seems high.

Since everyone else seems shocked...

Who's this guy?

So some random guy says SONY IS BEGGING DEVELOPERS TO DEVELOPE ON THE PS3!

sure... Im going to believe that.

mM

Probably he was exagerating and the 4 or 5 wii teams, could this mean that we would see that the wii game library will be about 4 or 5 times as playstation 3 games?

leo-j actually makes a valid point.

The way people spin articles out of proportion is quite amusing (Not directed at the TC, just in general).
And hey, Sony's strategy of "pleading" is a hell of a lot better than the way Nintendo caters to third-parties.

I am very skeptical as to the reliability of this

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million