By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turn 10: "Difficult" to replicate Forza 3

Their arrogance is going to lead to their downfall. Sounds familiar...

Around the Network

Nice, glad to see a gaming company bring out their stuff on time and then be proud of it. Cheers to them!

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Be proud in your own product but don't diss the competition! I'm surprised these guys aren't a part of Sony Computer Entertainment.

Everytime these guys talk, they just make their competition look better. Hyping up your own product is fine, but constantly talking about your competitor's product makes you look like you have an inferiority complex. The best just let their product speak for itself.

Yea it is very impressive. If you're going for some sort of dancing vehicle.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:

Don't post glitches......

But I like the way they say they have great graphics and physics this time, but it's mostly about physics. That's basically admitting GT5 has better graphics from the way I read it?

JerCotter7 said:
Staude said:

But I like the way they say they have great graphics and physics this time, but it's mostly about physics. That's basically admitting GT5 has better graphics from the way I read it?

Why not ? they make it sound like their physics system is perfect. Obviously it's not.

^That's what I asked myself during all the "Forza 3 has 15 bazillions polygons per car vs only 10 of GT5" threads. Anyway, from someone who doesn't care at all about any of these games, I'd say it depends. Potentially both, potentially neither.

There's certainly "good enough physics" exactly as there's "good enough graphics", after which the better driving game could be made by gaming modes, online community, support of peripherals, immersion, AI of the opponents, etc.
If either Forza 3 or GT5 have reached this "good enough" physics I don't really know or care for, but boasting 360Hz physics isn't more significant than boasting 15 bazillion polys. It's just numbers until you see how they translate into a player's experience.

For all I know - and I think for all you know - 360Hz might be as good as 300Hz or 240Hz when mixed in with human response times, controller lag, AI response times. Or maybe it distinctly plays better, that is what people will tell us after trying both games.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

kowenicki said:
JerCotter7 said:
Staude said:

what makes the better driving game... the best physics or the best graphics?

16 cars vs 8 :P Also turn 10 previously bragged about their extreme overusage of polygons so it seem they care about it...

It's not Turn 10 who is arrogant, it's only one man.

Dan Greenawalt is just the type of person with a big mouth, just like Davud Jaffe.