By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo deserves to be on top.

they deserve to be on top because they have been named the best company in the world and Nintendo will die for your sins lol

Around the Network

if u ignore atari, sega and the other consoles.

This is why fire and the wheel deserve to be on top...

I think Nintendo deserves to be on top but what matters is what it is know, a great company, with values, great business strategy, and it makes some of the greatest games, everything else is unninmportant

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

angrypoolman said:

Well, Nintendo fans, it has been a long time coming, but Nintendo is finally back on top.

You know, I am really glad Nintendo swept up this generation so quickly. Since the Wii was released, it has never been outsold (except for a few minor flukes i.e. Halo 3/MGS4 opening weeks, PS3 price drop). Now that's saying something, after that whole GameCube generation incident thing..

But those days are over people, now that Nintendo is back on top, they can work on building up their brand name, and lead these Wii users into the next next generation on the right foot: with the purchase of a new Nintendo console.

Now that that is out of the way, I am going to tell you WHY they deserve it.

It is quite simple. Nintendo pretty much started gaming. Without Nintendo, who knows where we will be? Would any other company have stepped up to save video games from the devestating crash of 1983? Probably not.

What about PlayStation? Where would PlayStation be if it weren't for Nintendo? I think we all know the answer to this one.

Microsoft? Well.. Microsoft wouldn't even be here if they weren't afraid of the influence PlayStation was having over the living room. They didn't want it to take attention away from PCs.

Now what is it that Microsoft and Sony have done? Well.. I can tell you one thing. Its their fault that our beloved SEGA isn't making consoles anymore.

What do you guys think? Are these valid points for why Nintendo deserves it this time around?

EDIT: More reasons Nintendo deserves first place

• Nintendo has branched out to new gamers, young and old.
  • Nintendo sells pure game machines without forcing expensive nongaming stuff on you.
  • Nintendo keeps development costs at a reasonable level
  • Nintendo's first party games pushed hardware sales to an unprecedented rate

So using this line of logic, shouldn't Benjamin Franklin be on top? I mean where would Nintendo be if the man didn't discover electricity? Making cards still, that's what.

You heard it here folks! Benjamin Franklin deserves to be on top, not Nintendo!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Nintendo deserves to win because they had the best strategy and understood the market the best, saw the problems in the market and set out to rectify them

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

my only annoying thing with Nintendo this gen is the lack of 3rd party support (GOOD QUALITY SUPPORT).

I am sure Nintendo could be a bit more active in trying to help in gettings some western games. Their main focus is still on the japanese market.

Onyxmeth said:
angrypoolman said:

Well, Nintendo fans, it has been a long time coming, but Nintendo is finally back on top.

You know, I am really glad Nintendo swept up this generation so quickly. Since the Wii was released, it has never been outsold (except for a few minor flukes i.e. Halo 3/MGS4 opening weeks, PS3 price drop). Now that's saying something, after that whole GameCube generation incident thing..

But those days are over people, now that Nintendo is back on top, they can work on building up their brand name, and lead these Wii users into the next next generation on the right foot: with the purchase of a new Nintendo console.

Now that that is out of the way, I am going to tell you WHY they deserve it.

It is quite simple. Nintendo pretty much started gaming. Without Nintendo, who knows where we will be? Would any other company have stepped up to save video games from the devestating crash of 1983? Probably not.

What about PlayStation? Where would PlayStation be if it weren't for Nintendo? I think we all know the answer to this one.

Microsoft? Well.. Microsoft wouldn't even be here if they weren't afraid of the influence PlayStation was having over the living room. They didn't want it to take attention away from PCs.

Now what is it that Microsoft and Sony have done? Well.. I can tell you one thing. Its their fault that our beloved SEGA isn't making consoles anymore.

What do you guys think? Are these valid points for why Nintendo deserves it this time around?

EDIT: More reasons Nintendo deserves first place

• Nintendo has branched out to new gamers, young and old.
  • Nintendo sells pure game machines without forcing expensive nongaming stuff on you.
  • Nintendo keeps development costs at a reasonable level
  • Nintendo's first party games pushed hardware sales to an unprecedented rate

So using this line of logic, shouldn't Benjamin Franklin be on top? I mean where would Nintendo be if the man didn't discover electricity? Making cards still, that's what.

You heard it here folks! Benjamin Franklin deserves to be on top, not Nintendo!

You're right, Nintendo would still exist, Sony and Microsoft wouldn't. lol, thanks for proving my point.

They don't deserve to be on top. I don't care if nintendo "started gaming" (which it did not) back then, during the cold war. It is what the companies do now and there nintendo fails. Microsoft and sony would deserve be on top.

the one who is on top deserves to be on top as whatever they did, they did it right. Same counts for 2nd and 3rd place.. your in the place you deserve

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Cobretti2 said:
my only annoying thing with Nintendo this gen is the lack of 3rd party support (GOOD QUALITY SUPPORT).

I am sure Nintendo could be a bit more active in trying to help in gettings some western games. Their main focus is still on the japanese market.

No the third party support is the third party problem, comes down to the fact that third parties know they can't beat Nintendo when it comes to making games, which is why they devote their big effort to the 360 and PS3, where the competition is easier

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)