By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - M$ packing Natal with ALL new consoles?

There's no way M$ can be shipping this with all new consoles, and it selling at the high price some people are suggesting.  I suspect that M$ is going to launh Natal with the redesigned Xbox 360s next year, and will basically sell it for $299.  Maybe at a slight loss, I'm sure when the thing launches, they are going to time it with the launch of Halo Reach, which will more than compensate for the cost.  I think they are going to launch with with 4-5 IPs to get people snapping them up as well.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Microsoft-Natal-Xbox-Console-Epic,news-4830.html

Epic Games’ Mark Rein recently spilled the proverbial beans in an interview with OXM, exposing a certain detail Microsoft has refused to address since June. Apparently Microsoft is indeed planning to pack Project Natal with all new Xbox 360 consoles when it hits the market next year.

"I think they said they were going to ship Natal with every Xbox when they actually launch the thing, so everybody will have one," Mark Rein said. "And then they are going to sell it to everybody who doesn't have one. Or try."

Whether this is fact or an assumption remains to be seen, as Microsoft, for now, is likely to neither deny nor confirm the comment. "Microsoft has not made any announcements about Project Natal’s availability, only that we’re excited that Project Natal will work with every Xbox 360 sold today and tomorrow,” a spokesperson told Industry Gamers in an email.

Mark Rein and the Epic Games staff seem rather pumped about Project Natal, and said that the company will support the platform fully. But while it would be great to implement motion control in Gears of War and Call of Duty titles, current and older games will not have Project Natal support.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Natal pack in instead of a price drop next year?

I will probably buy a 360 if Natal end up being good and if there's a bundle for 300$.

wow great .. if its true.

It's really a no brainer

Around the Network

It would be gr8 for m$ bcus then they wouldnt have to cut the price. Then it will force new 360 owners to buy it w/ natal, but if u think about it its good to raise awareness if it happens (command economy style)

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

299$ Xbox 360 and Natal.
Something with that sentence doesn't fit with me.

Arcade will still be there. There will be no elite just NATAL with no hard drive

Repent or be destroyed

interesting. However its probably necessary if theyre serious about promoting natal

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

that is obvious to me

.. people are making article for nothing ...

Time to Work !