By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ok, MS "analysts". We have numbers... How many 360s did Halo 3 sell?

mrstickball said:
Mummel - but with VGC information out now, the X360, 3 weeks after Halo 3's launch, is still 35,000 units/wk ahead of Wii. That's a pretty major shift, considering at one point the Wii was beating it 2.5:1.

Sales are indeed far from good enough to reclaim #1, but at the same time, sales are FAR better than they ever have been too. The biggest question that can't be solved is October. If the X360 did indeed trend with -5% drops the whole 4 weeks, that'd still keep the X360 ahead of the Wii (unless the Wii starts trending ahead quite a bit). If that actually stays similar for awhile.....November and December could be very, very interesting.

Yeah, good post.We all know that Halo is an immense title in NA and certain parts of Europe, but as you say; it'll be interesting to watch Nov and Dec this year with the christmas surge!

Around the Network

It's rather ironic to me that anyone would think Halo didn't move a decent number of consoles. You can look at September and assume that AT LEAST 100K consoles went out the door specifically because of Halo 3. Had ANY game on the PS3 or Nintendo WII moved an extra 100K consoles, fans on that side of the spectrum would have labled the title a "system mover".

The point to take away from all of this is that no one game will make or break a console and any rational thinking person would agree. Look at the PS3... there have been a few releases, each of which were supposed to be "system movers" that really had little measurable effect.

Lastly, Halo came out end of september and we still have the spillover into October to measure. Time will tell but regardless of your beliefs, Halo moved some consoles and set the 360 up nicely going into the holidays.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I know where I work people are very excited about Xbox 360 sales. Xbox 360 owners buy lots and lots of software which is all a developer and publisher care about. The retailers in my area are doing great Xbox 360 bundles (Premium with Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Forza 2, and Guitar Hero II with Guitar) for $399 and these bundles are selling very, very well. I picked up a 60 GB PS3 this morning at a Best Buy, but I would have been out of luck if I had wanted to get a Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle. Completely out of stock except for the Halo Xbox 360. Now this is just my local store and means nothing statistically but this is the first time I have noticed no Xbox 360 stock locally.