By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing vs Mario kart

well i actually was thinkig that this game will suck , but after watching some gamplay footage and stuff, well im excited now

honestly the game looks like a blast to play with,  it has great beautiful graphics and a lot of the sonic coolness in it, obviously everybody thinks that is a mario kart ripp off, they obviously have a lot in common, like the tricks in the air that give u a boost wheen u land, a lot of power ups, and the same feel, but is taht a bad thing?, i mean if its a proven formula that works, why change it right?

If this game is a AAA sega game that have a great online, like the mario kart wii, and add tons of new features and new gameplay mechanics, a lot of segas finest characters like NiGhts and the taxi driver guy, awesome trakcs like green hill zone and other stuff... it will be a must buy for sure ^^ and a really great contender in the arcade type racing games, so here some gameplay of the game with an interview with a developer of the game, check it out

...oh did i mention that Ryo from Shenmue is in it???

just bad ass ^^ possible hint of shenmue 3? niceee

Around the Network

Well, I am cautiously optimistic about this one... seeing as we know next to nothing about it. Still, wacky races + Sega characters is definitely a beautiful thing.

But if Knuckles is a playable driver... then it's not like I really have a choice in the first place. Definite must buy!

confirmed characters:
Shadow the hedgehog
Sonic the hedgehog ( duhh XD)
Amy Rose
Dr. Robotnik Eggman
Tails
Big cat
Samba de Amigo
Supermokeyball´s mokey
Ryo from Shenmue

Smeags said:
Well, I am cautiously optimistic about this one... seeing as we know next to nothing about it. Still, wacky races + Sega characters is definitely a beautiful thing.

But if Knuckles is a playable driver... then it's not like I really have a choice in the first place. Definite must buy!

I'm of the same opinion.

Outside of better graphics was there anything original or was everything exactly as it was in Mario Kart Wii? Everything from the speed ups to the random power ups which moves in roulette mode, to the individual all star moves. to the extra boost in the air, to banana peels all looks exactly like the game I already own in Mario Kart!

Around the Network
Smeags said:

@rapsuperstar31 well nothing ... yet, there game is not coming out until february of the next year, more secrets will be discover by then i guess, oh and i hear a rumor that MAYBE just MAYBE there will be downloadable contet specific for each console, likee ratchet and clank for ps3, mario for nintendo (hahahahahahahaha i know what u gonna say "but wii doesnt have dlc", anyways remember is just a rumor, is still plausible though we´ve seen them together in the olympics and in brawl soooo it could be? , maybe secret in disc character) and someone from rare to xbox (go banjo!)

that driving picture of knuckles is actually pretty nicely done

It look really interesting, when it will be released?

Madanial said:
It look really interesting, when it will be released?

its gonna be realese in february 10 of 2010 im looking foward to it

my characters will be ryo or metalsonic