By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

splended ps3 sales. wii just ok, i would have expected wii to b higher. 360 down will pick up with FM3 release, and i predict NA sales for the arcade 2 be huge but all 3 consoles will do well.

ps3 will sell 1 million consoles in japan in FF13 launch month.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Why would the PS3 be over the Wii next week. There's no chance of that happening this side of the holidays.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

^^rofl PS3 is already selling more in Japan, and obviously Wii sales will drop b/c it was the first week of a price cut.

lol...are you serious.  The japan market is almost dead.  32k and 37k is something to really care about.  

Perhaps you should read the comments of the "proper" analysts on this site. It has been predicted to sell 350-400k next week. Why should PS3 sales go UP after a price cut but Wii sales not? Is it because this is what you WANT to happen?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
@ph4nt
Bundles. Hell even another Price drop isn't out of the question. They're losing momentum and something or anything must be done. ODST really didn't move hardware as much as they anticipated. If a Halo game can't come to the rescue, that's trouble. I predict a 199.99 elite being announced soon and a discontinuation of the Arcade.

LOL  hahaha  Remind me not to hire you if i ever get my own business.

DS is towering over everything. Doesn´t matter what kind of pricecuts or new redesigns the other platforms get, they will be destroyed by DS, the mighty king.

Anyway Wii and PS3 doing very good at the moment. Not impressed by PSP and 360.

rafichamp said:
^^rofl PS3 is already selling more in Japan, and obviously Wii sales will drop b/c it was the first week of a price cut.

Actually the likelihood is Wii will be up next week, in Others and Japan, and possibly stable in NA, due to the timing of the price cut last week, Japan and EU only had a few days of price cuts, so the effect of the cut is likely to carry into this week

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

kowenicki said:
kber81 said:
kowenicki said:
kber81 said:

Kowenicki doesn't enjoy making these charts anymore lol

Bullshit!

I started making the charts when the PS3 was eating the 360 at a big rate lead and I will continue whatever... dont project your fanboy crap on me, its insulting.

Ha! Why so serious? C'mon Kow you are one of lead 360 fans here... Don't pretend to be entirely objective.  I don't believe that these depressing 360 marketshare means nothing to you. BTW your nickname sounds like polish second name... my own has the same ending. Cheer up.

When it comes to the news stories (gap charts and marketshare) I am ENTIRELY objective. 

kowenicki is polish... but it has nothing to do with me...

he was a cult footballer for my football team of choice back in the late 70's.

OMG I thought it was from some JRPG!

kowenicki the name that is!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

rafichamp said:
Next week, PS3 and Wii should be same or PS3 up by a little, you cant stop it.

Isn't that what you predicted this week, lol

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)