By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 38 Studios working on a RPG for the PS3

Curt Schilling's 38 Studios Working On PS3 RPG

Recent acquisition Big Huge Games hiring veterans with experience with the PS3 and RPGs.

By Kat Bailey, 10/07/2009

You know him as former pitcher Curt Schilling, hero of the 2001 and 2004 World Series. But Schilling is also in the video game industry, and it appears that his 38 Studios is working on an RPG for the PlayStation 3.

According to recent job postings (via PS3Center), 38 Studios is looking for a senior PS3 programmer with "significant hands-on technical contributions on at least one on a AAA-level PS3 title."

They're also searching for a lead art director who will be "working on an RPG for the PS3 platform," and a narrative designer with a "minimum of one AAA title shipped as a designer on PC or console (experience in RPGs preferred)."

With the listings being for the recently acquired Big Huge Games, speculation has revolved around the possibility that it's a new project, an RPG that was already in the works during the acquisition, or a port of 38's MMORPG codenamed Copernicus.

Whatever it is, with names like EverQuest designer Travis McGeathy, Forgotten Realms and Star Wars author R.A. Salvatore and members of the Oblivion team involved, it'll definitely be worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176394

Around the Network

It must be a huge game if it takes 38 studios to make it.

badgenome said:

Haha, its the name of the studio (you probably already know that), but just incase! XD

That sounded way more exciting than it actually turned out to be

I know what you Mean I though the number was the representation and so many rpg's would be great.

What a let down of a thread

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Around the Network

I only wonder what this RPG will be like. Will the characters be premade or are they created by the player? Is the game linear or is it sandbox? The same old questions all RPG developers ask themselves.

badgenome said:

I was thinking the same exact thing when I read the title...

4 ≈ One

Well that was misleading. :/

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Well that was misleading. :/

Not really! It's the name of the studio, what am I supposed to put? "Some studio is working on a PS3 RPG"

:-p

sounds american like WRPG.