By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Over/Under 2 million copies.

Just to start i want to ask a question, which i was gonna make a thread asking but i will just ask here.

Will Vgchartz be able to track digital sales for PSP?

Anyway PSP games rarely sell over 2 million copies, i cant see the upcoming Jak and Daxter or Assassins Creed Bloodlines doing it, Gran Turismo could do it though.

MGS PO according to Vgchartz sold 1.1 million copies and the MGS PO+ sold 0.5 million so altogether 1.6 million thats if there right.

Can Peace Walker get over 2 million? PO suffered from low shipping so thats why its so hard to get now, also between when PO came out and when PW comes out the PSP userbase will have risen dramatically.

Then also the quality of the game PO wasnt bad for a PSP game but it wasnt really a great MGS game, but PW looks great and is being done by Kojima himself and he said the scripts as long as MGS4 so the quality could help it sell alot more.

What do you think?

Around the Network

Well?

Under 2 million. The piracy rate is just too high to allow it to sell well. Real shame too.

I go with the Under as well

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

more than portable for sure

Around the Network

"Konami himself"

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSP sales are going to be a bugger to track accurantely now, unless Sony provides us with a method of tracking downloadable sales.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Depends on the Japanese sales. If the multiplayer modes attract usual ad-hoc gamers, then it has a chance. If it sells like MGS4 or worse in Japan, then probably not.

If PSP Go catches on (especially in Japan), we can forget about accurate numbers.

-Newcloud- said:
"Konami himself"

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Good one. I think it will sell under but it might change later once it comes out. Right now piracy is too strong.

Can you pirate games on the PSPGo?