By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls is better then Oblivion

i dunno about it being the best RPG this gen. But it is defintely better than Fallout 3 and Oblivion

Around the Network

the difficulty takes the fun out of the game, i think Oblivion is better. don't know about Fallout though.

Slimebeast said:
Demon's Souls is a great game, but it's just a parenthesis in gaming history.

Oblivion will be played and adored for decades.

doubt it considering how boring the main quests were in that game it was so bad that i couldnt even finish the game. I dont know bout you, but i will not be adoring that game a decade from now or anytime soon for that matter

Fallout 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Demon's Souls>>>>>>>>>>>Oblivion.

Troll thread.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Troll thread.

That phrase does not mean what you think it means.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Troll thread.

I think it means that while he's a huge PS3 fan, and in part created this thread because he passive-agressively wants to promote a PS3 exclusive at the expense of other games, his real motivation was to simply cause a flamewar with a simplistic and provocative statement regardless of bias, and he has easily succeeded.

Is that what it means? Because it's the truth.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Troll thread.

I think it means that while he's a huge PS3 fan, and in part created this thread because he passive-agressively wants to promote a PS3 exclusive at the expense of other games, his real motivation was to simply cause a flamewar with a simplistic and provocative statement regardless of bias, and he has easily succeeded.

Your apparent awareness of what it means makes it even more disconcerting that you would misuse the phrase so badly.

This is not a troll thread. This is a thread from someone who fell in love with a game. Whooppee. You'll notice that his sentiment is shared by numerous people in the topic, including multiplat-owning mods like MakingMusic.

He did not incite a flame war. A couple of people argued the point, but that is not a flame war. In large part, the majority of people who have played both actually agree with him. This is not surprising, nor should it disconcert you.

Fun fact: people can have experiences that are not analogous to your own.

Mass Effect > Demon's Souls

Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Troll thread.

Your apparent awareness of what it means makes it even more disconcerting that you would misuse the phrase so badly.

This is not a troll thread. This is a thread from someone who fell in love with a game.

Not true, and I don't believe you of all people could ever be naive enough to believe it.

Either way, my experience, and my opinion, indicates that this person wouldn't have said what he said about this game if it was a multiplat.

Believe it or not, people on this forum have alterior motives. Especially this guy.

That said, no need to keep it up, it's my opinion that this thread was created to incite flames and to promote a PS3 exclusive, judging from the history of the poster and the nature of his posts in this very thread. Either way, he's a hostile and needlessly assertive poster. Why defend him so avidly? Why bother me with such needless issues? Opinion stated, let's move on.

Also, Demon Souls is great, love it.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:
first I like to comment on the guy talking about dragon age. Already praising the game before he even played it saying it's guaranteed to be better? that seems a bit strange seeing as you haven't played it. The only review I read said that the story branches out for the classes for the first couple of hours than it comes together. No where have I read that their is 120 hours of gameplay I read like 40 to 70. Which is still alot IMO but still not what you said. Now to demon's souls. and oblivion. I love Oblivion and demon's souls both. I can't tell you which one is better But the feeling I got for playing demon's souls I never had in another game. I got connected with my character and really concentrated on every aspect of the game. It's a lot of fun but it's a different experience than Oblivion. No need to compare they are both great... leave it at that

Dragon Age Origins will have over 120 hours of gameplay.

Source:http://www.mygaming.co.za/news/News/4335-Dragon-Age-will-feature-120-hours-gameplay.html

Ok, man.  We get it.  You're a huge fan of Dragon Age Origins.  But that game isn't even out yet.  When it is, everyone will be declaring it the best RPG ever made, don't worry.