By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - With all the cheap 360s, is MS up to something this fall? Valhalla Maybe?

gamelover2000 said:
so valhalla is supposed to be the next Xbox 360 model after jasper and such?

Yup, just another motherboard/chip revision to further lower costs.  I really wouldn't be surprised to see a remodeled Xbox 360 console itself in line to launch with Natal.  After 5 years (when Natal launches), a Slim/Remodel would be the perfect thing to lower costs enough to absorb the cost of including Natal with every new Xbox 360 free of charge, and to spur on another sales surge.  It would also allow for the price of the arcade unit to drop down to $129-149 with the Elite being about $80-100 more expensive.

That's the difference between Sony's and MS's tactics this generation.  I don't mean to be off topic, but Sony going Slim so early in the PS3's lifespan shows their desperation.  It could also be a sign that the lifespan of the PS3 will be much shorter than originally promised.  Sure the PS3 is seeing an epic surge now after dropping costs, but this remodel will be the last time Sony can reduce costs in a massive way.  It will be at least 2011 by the time the PS3 can reach close to $199 and by then this rush of sales will have been exhausted and MS will have responded again with even more sales driving tactics (price cut, redesign, Natal).

If anyone wishes to debate with me on that subject, please message me or something else rather than drive this thread off topic.

Around the Network

Start your own thread nightsurge, something along the lines of did Sony diet too early.

well tesco are doing a limited offer, an elite with fifa 10 and halo odst for £199

now thats a good deal.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The Valhalla will show up in the 199 360 like the japser did.
then move to the elite. but maybe The Valhalla is now geting put in 360s
as we speak

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3