By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - With all the cheap 360s, is MS up to something this fall? Valhalla Maybe?

There have been a BUNCH of deals on 360s -- mainly Elites over the last 30 days or so.  Yesterday, Dell had Elites going for $205 with the rebate and bing cash back.  That's really, really cheap.  There are all sorts of deals out there -- check cheapassgamer if you are looking... BUT... why all the deals?

Is MS releasing a new unit this fall that has been sucessfully kept under wraps?  The Valhalla should already be here or soon be here.  Perhaps this a clearing of the Jasper units to make way for Valhalla boxes?

Thoughts?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Most likely Natal.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

It's the holiday season... Selling now is way more important then any other time of the year...

It's really not the "holiday" season until November. Perhaps MS is trying to jumpstart sales BEFORE the holidays and slow Sony's sales during the Christmas season?

I don't know but $200 for an Elite is awfully cheap.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I think they are trying to clear shelves for the holiday bundles that are being released.

Around the Network

The recent Gametrailers Bonus Round had an analyst say that Microsoft is testing the market with various price points to see which one will appeal most to the market without sacrificing profitability.

Chances are that Microsoft will try to hold out this holiday season with the current price point and then drop it again after the holiday season when the market is slow.

nofingershaha said:
The recent Gametrailers Bonus Round had an analyst say that Microsoft is testing the market with various price points to see which one will appeal most to the market without sacrificing profitability.

Chances are that Microsoft will try to hold out this holiday season with the current price point and then drop it again after the holiday season when the market is slow.

Yes... I agree... losses in the Holiday maginify the red.... best to drop early and try and get production down for the holiday season or have production down for a price drop for the holidays... but it wouldn't surprise me to see a small Arcade drop this Nov to stoke the flames... it would be something else if they could have five consecutive increases in holiday sales

There´s people buying the 360 just for Brutal Legend and Forza 3 offline.

So yes its a great deal those ELITE but they should try the Xbox Live.

How ever i think Jaspers are where Microsoft want so i dont think a new model is coming anytime soon.

^Valhalla is actually what they'd really want. It would either combine both chips on one 65nm unified CPU/GPU so that cooling and production costs would go way down, or it will shrink both chips to 45nm which again would lower production and cooling costs as well as lower the power usage.

so valhalla is supposed to be the next Xbox 360 model after jasper and such?

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.