By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Buy subconscious Demon's Soul ban

Hiko said:
Boutros said:

It's not even available in that whole province of Canada:

And that's where I live!

Stupid french law...

But I pre-ordered it on amazon so everything is alright :)

I live in Québec too and my ebgames store told me they are at the head office today being shipped for tomorrow (october 7th). I can't wait to get my deluxe edition :D

Really!? Aren't they going against the law then?

Around the Network

My Gamestop said I couldn't get it till tomorrow

Boutros said:

Nope they aren't going agaist the law as long as they include two instruction manuals (French and the Original English one).

As for the ingame language, if the game has never been released in French before the release in North America then they don't have to include the ingame french language either. But let say the game has been release in France before North America for some odd reason, then they would have to include both language in the NA version.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Boutros said:
Hiko said:
Boutros said:

And that's where I live!

Stupid french law...

I live in Québec too and my ebgames store told me they are at the head office today being shipped for tomorrow (october 7th). I can't wait to get my deluxe edition :D

What law?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hiko said:
Boutros said:

Nope they aren't going agaist the law as long as they include two instruction manuals (French and the Original English one).

As for the ingame language, if the game has never been released in French before the release in North America then they don't have to include the ingame french language either. But let say the game has been release in France before North America for some odd reason, then they would have to include both language in the NA version.

Yeah I remember hearing about that...

I think it still won't release at Futureshop, HMV or Walmart. My EBgames won't have it but I guess it depends where you are in Quebec. You must be from a more popular city like Montreal...

Around the Network

Ya, I'm from Montréal.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
Hiko said:
Boutros said:

And that's where I live!

Stupid french law...

What law?

Hiko said:

----------------------

Metroid Prime Trilogy is not available here either...

I don't know if they intend on making a french manual later on or if the game has previously been released in France but it still sucks not to have the right to buy a game in another language.

Umm. . . no offense, but I'm pretty sure that Virginia is not the center of the world.

OT: Sounds like a release date issue.

It's not available at Toys R Us also.... :[

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
Hiko said:
Boutros said:

And that's where I live!

Stupid french law...

What law?

Its called law 101, its meant to protect french language since we are the only place that speak french in all america. More niche game like demon souls (actually most titles by atlus or nisa) will usually release 1-2 days later because of that. Every other game normally release on same day tho. Its not really a problem, we still get all the same thing and at the same price ;).