By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: How should RE5:Alternate Edition be RELEASED (DLC/disc)?!

CAPCOM ASK FANS HOW RESIDENT EVIL 5: ALTERNATIVE EDITION SHOULD BE RELEASED

Capcom seek the help of fans to decide how RE5: Alternative Edition will be released.

Posted by Thomas Worthington on Oct 5, 2009 15:34 (59 mins ago)

Capcom have requested the advice of their loyal Resident Evil following in what way they should release the recently announced Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition.

Via Capcom’s Unity blog, it has been confirmed that the Alternative Edition will be released in Japan in a new physical package, but elsewhere Capcom is considering releasing it as DLC as its a more popular form of distribution in the west.

The Alternative Edition of Resident Evil 5 will include an additional 2 hour mission exploring some of the flashback cut-scenes spotted in the original version and for PS3 gamers will utilize the upcoming Motion Controller.

Retail or DLC, which will you choose? If you want to cast your vote on their Unity blog, click here!
_________
GIVE YOUR RESPONSE
I would prefer a Retailer release

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I prefer it to be released as DLC...i don't want to buy the game again for 2 hours of bonus missions when I hardly enjoyed 5 and im still mad they changed the direction of the series to an action shooter game

I think both. At retail, it should replace the current version, while they can sell it for a few bucks to people who've already got it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

DLC! all the people who already bought it would be screwed and the people who dont want it wouldnt have to buy it. Its a win win situation for gamers

Long Live SHIO!

DLC hopefully, i would be really disapointed if they force us to buy the game again, and then expect us to buy SSF4.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

Both. they should release it as DLC and a little time after on disc. A lot of People would love it as DLC but you need to think of the people that have no online options.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

DLC and Retail.

DLC for those who already own the game, retail for those who don't.

DLC!.
i mean motion controls = patch.

extra chapters: paid DLC.