By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It sold averagely for a new exclusive IP on the PS3 with good reviews, and a high level of hype and advertising. Nothing special saleswise. Great game though.

Just the 360 version of Prototype had equal sales, despite being dispersed amongst platforms, AND it had worse reviews.

Still, while I think Prototype sold above average for its bullet points, that means, Infamous sold average.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I really liked the Demo, I'll buy this game when I see it at around $25

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
It sold averagely for a new exclusive IP on the PS3 with good reviews, and a high level of hype and advertising. Nothing special saleswise. Great game though.

Just the 360 version of Prototype had equal sales, despite being dispersed amongst platforms, AND it had worse reviews.

Still, while I think Prototype sold above average for its bullet points, that means, Infamous sold average.

lul wut??

It was the fastest selling exclusive new IP on PS3; it had little to no hype outside these Internet forums, it was only really advertised in NA, I only ever saw 1 commercial for the game and that was in a cinema. and it was made by Sucker Punch, a studio by no means can be put in the same league with Insomniac and Naughty Dog( or recieve same amunt of budget from Sony), Sly Cooper games only sold over 1 million with 100+ millions PS2s on the market; no sane people were expecting inFamous to be a big seller. Good reviews not always guarantee sales, SotC is considered the best game on PS2 by many, what about the sales??

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2210375

Yes infamous should be goty, it was the best game of the summer, kept me very busy, hehe.... i promote the game in my sig.

solidpumar said:
It sold more than 1 million already. Vgcharts is always behind tracking on Sony published games on my experience.

Also Motorstom PR is being heavily undertracked.

How do you figure, on either accounts? I'm not bashing you or defending VGC or anything, I just honestly want to know how you would know this.

Around the Network

it is a good game but i saving my money for final fantasy13 and gt5

vitoaf27 said:
solidpumar said:
It sold more than 1 million already. Vgcharts is always behind tracking on Sony published games on my experience.

Also Motorstom PR is being heavily undertracked.

How do you figure, on either accounts? I'm not bashing you or defending VGC or anything, I just honestly want to know how you would know this.

he latched on to 2-3 games that VGChartz undertracked, but conveniently forgets all the games VGchartz overtracks. It is simple fanboyism. Every system has had games overtracked and undertracked. Every system has been overtracked and undertracked. However, depending on which console you are aligned with, that 1 console has more games undertracked and the console is always undertracked. It is the way things are. You don't need any proof to make this claim, just throw out a blanket statement.

Motorstorm had a press release about sales, however the amount of undertracking is neglible as their claim was weird. Essentially x units (1m I think) shipped after 6 weeks. However, while this may lead you to believe that it is undertracked, it is possible that Sony massivly overshipped.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

am fairly certain it did well enuff to make a sequel...which will probably be more popular when it inevitably arrives (and so on...)

I think it sold well, and hopefully continues to sell well. It will probably go platinum some time down the track...

I didn´t bought yet, but I plano to buy 2.000 units and help this game legs.. LOOOLLL

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..