By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 provides more Diversity than any other system available.

deathgod33 said:
"Playstation isn’t a niche – it’s for everyone. And only Sony are striding in that direction."

there was an article not too long ago, and it found out that the average age of a PS3 owner was over 40

That article put the average age of a X360 owner at 39.5 and PS3 owner at >44. Is up to you to believe or not...

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
"Playstation isn’t a niche – it’s for everyone. And only Sony are striding in that direction."

there was an article not too long ago, and it found out that the average age of a PS3 owner was over 40

Errr... Awesome?

4 ≈ One

Where are the RPG's for the PS3?

I agree Sony platforms always have the most diversity

PS3 lacks WRPGs (even the WRPGs it gets are usually later than the 360 or inferior to the 360 version), even JRPGs (barely getting a few here and there, mostly 360 ports), and it lacks RTS games, and it also lacks flagship shooters.

PS3 has an identity crisis - if anything. PlayStation and the PS2 had loads of Japanese exclusives, but now that the Japanese devs have moved on to MS, Sony is stuck and can't appeal to the western audience. They have had some success in Europe though.

Around the Network

Jack of all trades, master of none?

That was a joke, i actually think no console alone has a complete lineup in terms of diversity this gen, its just the way its worked out.

I agree with the diversity argument. And I get it that they canceled Eight Days seeing as it is too similar in concept to Uncharted. But god damn, that initial trailer was awesome! If the game would end up being like that, who cares if they're similar. I'd buy both! (U1 is mine already of course, U2 is waiting in line)

Lurker said:
360 has no racing games huh?

I believe the OP was only talking about exclusive racing games. Most racing franchises are multi-plats, i.e. Burnout, NFS, Grid, Dirt, Midnight Club, etc. The only real exclusives for either platform are the racing sims, Gran Turismo and Forza. Yes, the PS3 does have Motorstorm, but IMO it's not that great, and definitely not a system seller.

Whoa im seeing alot of bad statements. The only popular WRPG on Xbox is Fable. PS3 usually gets the WRPGs like TES:4 and Fallout 3. As for JRPGs, Demon Souls, FF13 Versus, FF13 Jap version, are great ps3 exclusives. But i doubt FF14 would be exclusive.

JWiss said:
Lurker said:
360 has no racing games huh?

I believe the OP was only talking about exclusive racing games. Most racing franchises are multi-plats, i.e. Burnout, NFS, Grid, Dirt, Midnight Club, etc. The only real exclusives for either platform are the racing sims, Gran Turismo and Forza. Yes, the PS3 does have Motorstorm, but IMO it's not that great, and definitely not a system seller.

Wipeout, Modnation racers, Formula 1,