By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Beautiful Katamari

Entroper said:
rocketpig said:
Entroper said:
Rocketpig, I almost get the impression that you don't understand the "tank treads" controls in Katamari. They're tricky, but they're nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be. Do you know about the quick-turnaround feature?

I do understand the tank tread controls but I think they suck. I don't know how else to put it. :D

Well if you're spending 30 seconds staring at a wall, you're doing something wrong.

That only happened indoors and usually involved a combination of crap camera angle, a corner, and an object directly behind me.

I played the game for a long time and never adjusted to the controls. Not everyone will have the same experience I did with the game, but rarely do I suffer through a game's controls after the five hour mark unless there's something seriously wrong.

Maybe I'm retarded (definitely a possibility) but I hated the controls in Katamari.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
gebx said:
hey Rocket

FYI- Katamary is a budget title.. I really hope you didn't spend $60 on it.

Good point. I need to edit that part. I didn't research the price properly before writing that (still have Orange Box on the brain, methinks).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

This game sucks, and heres why

1. You have to pay MS points to unlock levels that are on the disc.
2. Its graphics are barely an improvement over the PS2 versions
3. Unlike the previous installments, the king just isnt funny in this version
4. It lacks the charm of the previous games
5. One of the few games that is better on a PS2 controller (aka, analog sticks next to each other)

Basically, they have almost milked Katamari dry and taken a once great game and almost killed it.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:

5. One of the few games that is better on a PS2 controller (aka, analog sticks next to each other)

Basically, they have almost milked Katamari dry and taken a once great game and almost killed it.

Sadface.

Entroper said:
sieanr said:

Sadface.

Yes, I was sadface when I played the game.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Are you crazy? I loved the PS2 ones, but I hated playing it on the Dual Shock 2. I had absolutely no trouble getting used to the 360 for BK. My GF either, as we played both. (She had trouble getting used to the PSP ver. though, haha)

The graphics look SOOOOO much better compared to the PS2 ones. I'm playing the game on the same 32" HD LCD screen I played the PS2 ones on and it looks much much better; clearer, easier to make out things.

I'm not sure how the King was compared to past versions in English as I've really only played it in Japanese (PS2 ver., and 360 ver.) 

I just cleared the game, but still have a lot left to do (unlocking, presents, mates, etc.) I haven't even tried 2P mode yet nor online mode. :D 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"