By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - He did it with the Phat... Now the Slim.

If you think Ben Heckendorn's modding skills are confined only to the Xbox 360, you're wrong. The guy also uses his masterful hands to turn other consoles into portable works of art. Case in point, this PS3 Slim laptop.

In 35 days, the celebrated modder turned a regular store-bought PS3 Slim into a quiet little portable powerhouse. The PS3 Slim laptop includes a 17" widescreen panel, built-in speakers with their own volume control buttons, and plenty of vents for cooling. Thanks to the Slim's smaller hardware, Ben Heck also managed to include a power cord compartment.

If you're interested in learning more about the modding process, hit the source link below.

Link: http://www.qj.net/Ben-Heckendorn-s-PS3-Slim-laptop/pg/49/aid/134957 

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

why? As I said last time the PStriple makes a crappy PC.

Superchunk, it's not really a PC/laptop it just designed to look that way. Ben's designs are awesome, he should design the next playstation

the thread title make it sound naughty.

I want one!

Around the Network

thats dumb. and where is the USB ports?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It reminds me of that screen that Sony made for the PS1. If he sells it he would get a lot for it or he could send it to Sony.

*sigh* I wish I was that tech-savy

Dang, when I read the thread title, i was really hoping it was another youtube video of the guy who had 3 ps3s.

wfz said:
Dang, when I read the thread title, i was really hoping it was another youtube video of the guy who had 3 ps3s.

Haha, I thought it was going to be him too, actually...