By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have anyone heard something about Wii Chess???

Wii Chess is an upcoming video game for the Wii console. It is currently in development by Nintendo and set for release on 18 January 2008 in Europe.

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

So wii chess has an online leaderboard yet SSBB does not??? HOW IS THAT LOGICAL???

Any predictions on the sales? When will this one pass 1M? Will it even do it? How much will it sell worldwide life to death? Will there be any DS ports?

By the way, it costs 599 Swedish crowns in cheap net stores, so I doubt that you can find it cheaper than 50$! (1 US dollar = Around 6.4 Swedish crowns; 1 Euro = Around 9.15 Swedish crowns). Ok, I found it for 500 crowns once, but that will never happen again! It will be a lot cheaper after the release, while they're now trying to make people to pre-order it for more than it will cost. I guess the launch price will be more or less 400 crowns (45€ or 65$), but the price may vary depending on region...

This game will definitely be a million seller
slow but it'll get there

Why would anyone buy this game for the Wii when there are dozens of free chess games for the computer?

Around the Network

Because it'll be funnier to play it that way. Why would anyone buy a Wii when you can simply just buy PC games. Some people like to play it this way, some doesn't... And it will always be like that!

KruzeS said:
I don't think this will see the light of day this year. This is Wii Ware after all, right? With Wii Ware set to debut in Japan next March with Final Fantasy, I don't see us getting this that much sooner.

Its not a Wii ware title.

Its a boxed game but at little price...

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428

le_patriote said:
KruzeS said:
I don't think this will see the light of day this year. This is Wii Ware after all, right? With Wii Ware set to debut in Japan next March with Final Fantasy, I don't see us getting this that much sooner.

Its not a Wii ware title.

Its a boxed game but at little price...

do you know how much?

Game Over! said:
Because it'll be funnier to play it that way. Why would anyone buy a Wii when you can simply just buy PC games. Some people like to play it this way, some doesn't... And it will always be like that!

Exclusives.  Try again.

Sometimes I prefer to play games on my PC, and sometimes I prefer to play games on a console even though the same game might be available on both.

If the online multi-player is decent (ladder rankings, etc...) then I will probably get it at some point assuming it's eventually released in America...

I'm not that good at chess, so even a moderate computer would probably be enough of a challenge for me. If not, I am sure there are human players that would be...