By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official 2009-2010 NHL Season Thread

Today, October 1, marks the start of the NHL season across North America. This thread will be the place discuss the ongoing events in the NHL world during the 09-10 Regular Sesaon.

Todays game are completed -

• Montreal beat out Toronto 5-4 in OT
  • Washington beat out Boston 4-1
  • Colorado beat out San Jose 5-2
  • Calgary beat out Vancouver 5-3

Along with the start of the season, also comes with the start of the VGchartz 2009-2010 Yahoo NHL Fantasy League. We have 5 teams this year competing (myself included). Those of us in the league will post updates throughout the year. Any ideas on what the winner recieves?

Good luck to all the Teams this year

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network

The habs squeaked out a win last night. It was, however, bittersweet with the loss of Markov...

Not only is a blow to my favourite team, but I had him in my fantasy team. He was a sure-fire 60 point man too.

Nucks looked ugly in the 1st period.......slow, lazy and a step behind the Flames mentally. Picked it up though, and they dominated the 2nd half of the game. Assuming the team plays the way they did for the 2nd half, this should be a good season (regular season wise).

Maybe the winner gets his team placed in the sig of the other 4 for the playoffs? Or something like that.

Go Wings! We will win it all this year! (maybe)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

izaaz101 said:

Maybe the winner gets his team placed in the sig of the other 4 for the playoffs? Or something like that.

Sounds good to me...we just gotta contact the 3 others guys in the league and see if they are up for it.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network

^^
That would be fine with me.

I'm fine with that as well.

I have a question about my fantasy lineup. I have Toews playing at noon today. If he nets me 3.80 points, and I switch him with Tavares after the game, will Toews' points still count or will they be nullified?

After the player's game starts, his position cannot be changed. You can only switch players before their game starts. So, since Toews game has already started, he can't be switched. But you could switch Zetterberg for Tavares before noon (pacific time).

Ray Emery had a solid debut or the Flyers, they look good this year, hopefully they keep it up in the playoffs

Ok so I tried watching every game on yesterday.

Ah yes, SJ took it to Anaheim, hopefully they keep at it unlike their terrible game with Colorado.

Colorado and Duchene are looking a bit scary. If they keep this up all season they'll definately be battling for a playoff spot.

Surprised and happy Detroit is 0-2, but then again it's only 2 games into the season and it's one opponent. Although I will give the Blues a lot of credit. I hope them and Chicago make the Central an interesting battle for the division with Detroit.

Capitals stomped all over Toronto, sucks when I see Toskala get pulled. Caps offense is scary to watch, hella fast lineup.

Ouch Khabibulin had a terrible giveaway at the end of the EDM/CAL game. Bad way to end a pretty good game.

It was nice seeing Crosby vs Tavares, but it sucked how the Islanders couldn't hold on to their lead late in the 3rd and unfortunately Crosby had the last laugh in the SO.

Looking forwards to a really good and competitive season