By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question about Gamestop/Game Informer

So the other day I signed up for an Edge card at Gamestop.  The guy at the counter handed me an issue of Game Informer after I paid for my game, and I didn't really think anything of it.  I figured they were just handing out issues of Game Informer as a promo or something, but yesterday I got the new issue in the mail.  Now I'm thinking this is tied in with the fact that I signed up for an Edge card, but do any of you know for sure if that's the case, and if so, how long am I supposed to get the magazine? 

Around the Network

Yes, when you get the Edge card you also get a year free of Game Informer. I believe that Game Stop owns Game Informer.

Yeah. And once that one year ends, they stop sending it to you. They don't bill you or force you to pay for any following issues.

you get one gameinformer magazine each month for a year....I think it's a pretty good deal

You are forced to take the magazine. I've tried unsubscribing, you can't without losing the 10%.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

how horrible, they give you 10% and a gaming magazine!!! Shame on them!!!

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Yea you didn't buy the edge card you bought a year's subscription to Game Informer. The perk is though when you do it at Gamestop you also get that edge card.

Zucas said:
Yea you didn't buy the edge card you bought a year's subscription to Game Informer. The perk is though when you do it at Gamestop you also get that edge card.

I really do think it's the other way around.

At least, for most people.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Zucas said:

I really do think it's the other way around.

At least, for most people.

i work at gamestop, and it is technically a 1-year subscription that you're buying, although we do pitch it as the edge card with a bonus magazine subscription.

how much it cost to get an edge card?