By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A honest analysis on Halo 3 ODST

I’m unimpressed, but of course it’s Halo after all. Ahahahaha

*sends the game back to gamefly before finishing*

Really, I mean so many games were great and ORIGINAL in the summer, and now that we are inching towards fall, we get bescumbered with minuscule different version of halo 3 that is 60$.

I have heard people compare the story to firefly.

ODST is no Firefly.

You see there is where you went wrong. NGR is the wrong place for point of reference.

I hate on halo because it has influenced all other console FPS's to go into a pretty narrow direction. 

I would like to see more studios focus on ingame cinematic and stop wasting time making huge dull worlds. 

Saturation of the product comes off as cash cowing a franchise and open world comes off to me as creative desperation. 

It is basically Bungie looking at the chalk board of all the cool ideas I know they have to make something TRULY refreshing, and them saying, "FUCK IT". 

They were sitting at a board meeting shooting ideas, and every time that idea comes up, they realize they have some kind of census data saying basically that it would not be cost effective to actually give a damn about making something new. They realize, we got this engine for Halo 3, trends show open world is selling lot hot cakes....fuck it lets make Halo even more open world and rush it out less than a year after Halo 3.

Instead of giving use a well crafted tailored experience, they put a bunch of enemies randomly in the levels and said, "make your own fun people, WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK."

In other words Halo has become suburbia

1. Alright I fucked up on the releases, I forgot it was november of 2007 that Halo 3 came out, instead of 2008, my bad.

2. In Halo they drop a seemingly impossible number of enemies seemingly almost at random in the level, and it is up to you to find a way to kill them. Games like half life put the enemies in certain areas in inventive ways to give an ingame cinematic feel.

Halo relies solely on the creativity of the user while the latter relies on the creativity of the designer.

Playing Halo it seems almost certain that they looked at Armor by John Steakly for creative inspiration, and it isn't the lack of creativity, it is the misallocation of those creative juices which urks me. Because I know they are better than that.

I can sum up Halo’s visual art style in a nutshell

Halo 3

COD 4

I hated the hub world-- after walking through it once, you've seen everything it has to offer.  It reminded me of the sea in Zelda Wind Waker, huge, empty, and boring-- except Wind Waker had a vehicle.

This is my main complaint with most of Halo's single player. Other games in Halo's genre seem to do a much better job making the world feel lives in at least, even if it is a dystopia/apocalyptic world.

Halo 3 ODST has also the other trademarks of the previous games that made it popular and beloved towards the mainstream audience {Especially in America, the worlds largest portion of idiots}: Poor A.I., floaty physics, dull set pieces, bland enemies, dull pacing, and shallow combat.

Halo 3 ODST is basically like the rest of the other games, casual friendly and average at best.

Around the Network

People give Halo campaign, a lot of slack, but it still is enjoyable, Cod4 on other hand, ehhh. Never ending amount of enemies is seriously annoying.

At least multiplayer saves it.

lol at least it's kinda amusing.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Hello and good bye, Mr. 0 Posts.

Around the Network
Fame_Mcswagg said:
lol at least it's kinda amusing.

Kinda amusing, nothing truly entertaining.

Gamers all over the road are catching up on how overrated, mediocre, and bullshit the Halo series is. Good for that, it really never deserved the critical praise and popularity to begin with.

badgenome said:

And you play X-Blades.... enough said.

thebigredlover said:
badgenome said:

ouch!!!!

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

thebigredlover said:
badgenome said:

The best comeback made by a single digit poster.......lol

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
thebigredlover said:
badgenome said:

The best comeback made by a single digit poster.......lol

That was great.

On-topic:

I would like to see more studios focus on ingame cinematic and stop wasting time making huge dull worlds.

I think this is what people are looking forward to in Uncharted 2.