By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I know this may be somehwat one sided, but why does KOTAKU do this?

Every time they post a GRAN TURISMO 5 screen shot they love to point out things that may or may not be true, for example during the ITALIA trailer they posted "none of this is gameplay" not explaining what they ment, and everyone had the thought that it was pre rendered, with they posted the FORZA trailer they didn't say "none of this is gameplay" they said it was quote: "Jaw dropping".

Another example would be how they posted new GT5 screens, they said "This is replay mode ofcourse so don't expect it to look anywhere near as good in gameplay, still they look nice dont they?", Yet when we get REPLAY SHOTS of FORZA (first of all they dont know if they are REPLAY since they have NEVER touched the game, they are too busy on the other game to even cover GT) they never mention the fact they could be replay, or even better when the DEMO screen shots of forza *which looked alot worse than the screens released beforehand by turn 10* were released, did they post them on there site? No.

I sense a huge amount of bias on kotaku, ever since 2007 ive seen there posts, a blogger "journalist" LUKE PLUNKETT was at joy when sony's TGS conference ended. I dont even want to go with more detail about that guy, because he deleted a post I made showing GT PSP gameplay after he posted some hideous GT screenshots.

mM
Around the Network

Most kotaku posters are pretty good. I should know, I've been a member there for a long, long time. With that said, Luke is the only one you should watch out for. I don't think he likes the ps3 and/or Sony but whatever.

He's still a pretty good writer.

I just dont understand why they have such horrible coverage for GT5, its like they want the game to look bad?

mM

Kotaku as a whole I can't take serious not after the Scribblenauts racist thing. They seem to bash a lot of things and praise a certain company a little too much.

Leo-J honestly I would say ignore them.

leo-j said:
I just dont understand why they have such horrible coverage for GT5, its like they want the game to look bad?

Yeah, the GT5 coverage has been bad on Kotaku. But TBH, I think it's been bad everywhere.

Around the Network
patapon said:
leo-j said:

Yeah, the GT5 coverage has been bad on Kotaku. But TBH, I think it's been bad everywhere.

IGN has been covering it greatly along with FORZA, GT barely covers GT5, gamespot I dont know, but kotaku definately acts a little wierd with GT.. in comparison to another racer.

mM

Luke is terrible, and I'm not sure if others are biased as well, but it's definitely anti-PS3 bias that I've noticed for 3 years running, and not just GT5 bias.

There's almost always some backhanded one-liner against PS3 toward the end of the article.

leo-j said:
patapon said:
leo-j said:

IGN has been covering it greatly along with FORZA, GT barely covers GT5, gamespot I dont know, but kotaku definately acts a little wierd with GT.. in comparison to another racer.

GT can only cover trailers.

@ the J man

I agree. Forza 3 has been pimped xzibit style in comparison to GT5.

^money makes the world talk.

thats luke guy its crazy.
recently he said no game it's next gen if the basic core of the game can be done on last gen console.
so LBP its not next gen because you can jump, and grab, in the PSP, while get even go the physics engine running on the PSP.
yeah u can make platformer and level creator with physics, but CO OP online or ad hoc was not possible.