By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why is it ok to post why you hope PS3 beats 360 in sales but not vice versa

So in the sales forum there's a thread "how important is it to you that ps3 beats 360 in sales". In it, a lot of people say things like, they hope PS3 wins because Microsoft is a evil minopoly, and they made unreliable hardware for two points. Of course some people said it's not important to them at all.

I notice a huge amount of PS3 bias on the forums (basically every topic in the sales forum is PS3 fanboys cheering it on, but none are Wii or X360 fanboys), and I thought the very question of the topic itself just assumes everybody likes the PS3 better. So I made my own spinoff thread, asking how important it is to you that 360 beats PS3. Exactly the same topic title as the Ps3 one. I started out pointing out some reasons I thought 360 deserves to win over PS3, just exactly as the other thread. The two reasons I pointed out are that 360 runs most multiplatform games better than Ps3 (this is fact) and I thought Sony had used the PS3 to gain an illegall Blu Ray monopoly while making gamers pay for it (this is arguably fact also), but at the least a legitimate opinion every bit as much as the usual MS=monopoly talk).

Long story short I log in and find my topic missing and I'm banned, just as I expected. So much for free speech around here I guess. Free speech=bow to the Ps3.

Around the Network

Well, besides PS3 fanboys, I personallly think Sony deserves it. Microsoft has done an excellent job with their console however, one can't really give them more support when they are already successful and run shady and expensive businesses that only harm early adopters (My opinion). The Wii is doing fine and everyone knows it. But the PS3 is the underdog.

The PS3 represents superior hardware just not properly introduced, so IMO, this is their true moment. It would be fallacy to say that they aren't trying, because in reality, they are trying very hard, and their are now tasting the fruits of their hard work. I personally support those who try hard, and Sony gets a big win in my book.

As for the reason why your topic was initially deleted, I have absolutely no idea.

This is the true definition of owning.

newbie2 said:

So in the sales forum there's a thread "how important is it to you that ps3 beats 360 in sales". In it, a lot of people say things like, they hope PS3 wins because Microsoft is a evil minopoly, and they made unreliable hardware for two points. Of course some people said it's not important to them at all.

I notice a huge amount of PS3 bias on the forums (basically every topic in the sales forum is PS3 fanboys cheering it on, but none are Wii or X360 fanboys), and I thought the very question of the topic itself just assumes everybody likes the PS3 better. So I made my own spinoff thread, asking how important it is to you that 360 beats PS3. Exactly the same topic title as the Ps3 one. I started out pointing out some reasons I thought 360 deserves to win over PS3, just exactly as the other thread. The two reasons I pointed out are that 360 runs most multiplatform games better than Ps3 (this is fact) and I thought Sony had used the PS3 to gain an illegall Blu Ray monopoly while making gamers pay for it (this is arguably fact also), but at the least a legitimate opinion every bit as much as the usual MS=monopoly talk).

Long story short I log in and find my topic missing and I'm banned, just as I expected. So much for free speech around here I guess. Free speech=bow to the Ps3.

So wait.... There's a problem with cheering on your console of choice?

Go ask the 360 and Wii fans why they aren't doing it.

What is your accounts name? I want to see the thread

to gain an illegal bluray monopoly?!?! wtf did that come from?
I think it might have been that question that made people think you had some kind of weird agenda.

Around the Network

I too have noticed a heavy PS3 fanboyism on VG. Too bad you got banned; that's lame.

Well, a year ago it was ok to post "The wii is god's son" on any thread, now its different.

mM

This same thing was posted earlier.

Well you'll find PS3/PSP owners in Sony Discussion, 360 owners in Microsoft Discussion and Wii/DS owners in Nintendo Discussion.

It's just normal to see people cheering the good sales of the PS3 if it's in the Sony Discussion.

ps3 bias? this site is almost controlled by the wii fans. I dunno where the MS fans are, but when they show up, they can write some crazy stuff too.